Author Topic: Can anyone help me?  (Read 9389 times)

Anonymous

Can anyone help me?
« on: May 09, 2003, 01:38:27 PM »
Hi everyone.

I am devastated, :( I am going to have to re-home Charlie. We have had a few family problems over the past couple of years, things have now come to a head and I have to move house, I cant take him with me.

I need to find him a kind and loving home, I was going to advertise him but am scared about where he might go (theres only so much checking you can do!) I would love him to have a home with the kind of people that post on COL. I have noticed from Previous posts that Helen seems to have a lot of experience with this, perhaps she can help?

Any help or advice, or perhaps someone knows somebody who is looking to rehome an older dog (he is 22 months old, blue roan), would be much appreciated.

Nicky xx

p.s. I am in Bradford, West Yorks.                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Can anyone help me?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 01:45:40 PM »
Awwwww Nicky that is such a shame.
I can tell you I am very tempted but I'm not sure if Buttons is old enough (8 months) and obviously the boy & girl issue maybe a problem?? Has he been raised with children and what is he like with other dogs etc??
I really WISH I could take him for you :'(

Gilly xx                    

Anonymous

Can anyone help me?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 02:04:50 PM »
Hi Gilly

I wish you could take him too!!

I have two children aged 5 and 2, he's been raised with them and I trust him completely. He loves other dogs (typical cocker really), he always wants to say hello if we meet other dogs, although doesnt always get the reaction he would like!!)

Nicky XX                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Can anyone help me?
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 02:24:20 PM »
That's really sad Nicky but I'm sure you'll find a good home for him.

Gilly....I don't think 8 months is too young, think it's just about right (may be told different by 'all ye experienced ones' ;D).  Then again like you say Gilly, unless you get one done you may have problems ;)

Hope someone can help here ;)                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Can anyone help me?
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 02:29:23 PM »
Nicky, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you're okay.

I have a feeling you might get a few IMs from members who could be interested - I'm pretty sure you wont find it too hard to find suitable loving family ready to take on such a nice boy who you've spent so much time and care training and rearing. He sounds very loving and sociable. Have you tried also contacting the breeder who Charlie came from, who might be able to help?

Please let us know how you get on. We all appreciate exactly how difficult this must be for you.                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Can anyone help me?
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2003, 02:37:56 PM »
Hi Nicky, I'm really sorry to hear that you have to rehome Charlie. Have you tried any of the cocker rescue reps? There may be someone waiting on a boy just like him. If you were up my neck of the woods I would have taken him in a heartbeat - let us know how you get on. Hope he finds a special home soon :-*                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Anonymous

Can anyone help me?
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2003, 03:38:07 PM »
Hi Mike

I have tried the breeder, but she has had a change in circumstances and all her dogs are girls, she cant take him!!

Nicky                    

Anonymous

Can anyone help me?
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2003, 03:53:38 PM »
nicky just wanted to wish you good luck an very warm wishes.. I have strong feeling that you will find him a home very soon, please dont worry  :-*                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Can anyone help me?
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2003, 04:40:47 PM »
So sorry to hear your news Nicky - shame the breeder can't help but I'm sure if you contact Jacky Marris Bray, one of the Rescue Reps (01427 628788), she will try to help - it could be she already has people waiting for a young Cocker who would jump at the chance of taking on Charlie. Give her a ring anyway - you have nothing to lose :)                    
Jane

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Can anyone help me?
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2003, 05:06:56 PM »
Nicky how sad for you. Like the others have said - you'll find a nice home for Charlie - he has a lot going for him :-*                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Louise

• Site Member
Can anyone help me?
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2003, 05:56:52 PM »
Nicky,

I'd be interested to talk to you about Charlie, I've sent you my telephone number via an IM if you'd like to give me a call if you've not sorted anything else out yet?

I'm in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.

Regards,

Louise and Jazzy  :)                    

Offline jo_dunk

• Site Member
Can anyone help me?
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2003, 05:59:34 PM »
Hi,
I am very excited about your post and very interested in Charlie. We are looking for a male cocker spaniel to join our family, myself, husband, and three children, ages 12,10 and 7 and Charlie sounds perfect. We are in Lincoln and are willing to travel to see Charlie. Please let me know how I can find out nore.
Thanks.
Jo.
Ps. we would give Charlie a very loving home.                    

Offline FionaM

• Site Member
Can anyone help me?
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2003, 08:00:26 PM »
Hi Nicky

Just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear that you have to find a new home for Charlie. He sounds like a lovely boy and I'm sure you'll find him a good home

Fiona                    
Fiona & Poppy :)

Offline Hel

• Site Member
Can anyone help me?
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2003, 09:35:49 PM »
Hi Nicky

So sorry to hear this.  I've sent you a IM.

Best wishes
Helen                    

Offline CAROLE

• Site Member
Can anyone help me?
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2003, 07:06:58 PM »
HI NICKY, HAVE JUST SEEN YOUR MESSAGE TODAY, AND WAS WONDERING WHETHER YOU HAD FOUND A GOOD HOME FOR CHARLIE? HE SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE MY BOY JAKE WHO IS ALSO A BLUE ROAN AND IS 11 MONTHS OLD AND RULES THE ROOST!
IS THERE ANY NEWS, GOOD OR BAD? CAN YOU UPDATE?
I'M NEW TO THIS, HAVE JUST FOUND THIS SITE TODAY, ITS GREAT. :) CAROLE.