Author Topic: Orange roan cocker X looking for home  (Read 8153 times)

Offline Hel

• Site Member
Orange roan cocker X looking for home
« on: October 30, 2003, 07:54:20 PM »
There is an orange roan cocker X springer? (who looks very much like a cocker) on the dog rescue pages.  The dog is with Dasha in South Wales, who rescues and rehomes many dogs all over the country and who found me Pip.

The thread is
http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.ph...=ST&f=2&t=19909 .  There is a photo in the first post and another further down, with him next to a pure cocker.

Please contact Dasha (via dogpages) direct if you are interested in this boy.  He is about 2 years old.                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 10:57:27 PM »
I reckon this boy is a Cocker not a cross, Hel - the orange roan colour being a recessive would not come out in a cross mating unless the other breed also carried the colouring (I think only English Setters & Brittanies have this sort of colouring apart from Cockers) Working Cockers come in all shapes & sizes so he could just be a big Working Cocker - hope he finds a home soon anyway, he looks a lovely chap :)                    
Jane

Offline Janet

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 03:41:56 PM »
I tried for this dog, as he is very 'cocker' like, but just missed out due to problems with my computer. :'(  As far as I know, as of last night he was reserved.  He is adorable, have you seen the photos of him? especially the one with the true cocker for comparison.Gorgeous                    
Janet

Offline Janet

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2003, 09:24:07 AM »
;D,OH HAPPY DAY, I still can't believe it, but after I finished browsing last night and convincing myself to leave the computer for the night, I had a phonecall!Thankfully, I'd left my number with Dasha, just in case Cagney,(as he's known) became available again.  It was just meant to be, HE'S OURS:D We are collecting him later this morning.  We're so excited and happier than we've been since we lost Barley.  We're still continuing our search for that Orange Roan baby, as I know there's one out there somewhere waiting for us.We might as well have double the joy! ;D.I'll post some pictures when I've mastered the technology, why are the pictures so big? ???Oh well, I'm sure one day I'll click the right button, but will I remember which one? ???                    
Janet

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2003, 09:31:35 AM »
Great news ;D do let us know all later ;D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2003, 10:10:04 AM »
That is excellent news Janet - I'm really pleased for you :) If you have trouble making your photos smaller, just contact Mary or Gilly & they'll help you out :)                    
Jane

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2003, 10:30:13 AM »
Great news Janet ;D When I saw his photo, I just knew he wouldn't be without a loving home for too long ;)                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2003, 03:24:50 PM »
Congratulations !!! He can now have the loving home all dogs deserve Piccies Please                    
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang

Offline Janet

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2003, 03:38:30 PM »
Well we're home and it's like he has always lived here.  Made himself at home straight away.  He loves the garden and adores running around our tree seat and trying to see if he can climb the tree!! :DHe is bigger than in his photo and I would say more retriever/setter than cocker.Whatever he is, he's Gorgeous!!Wonderful temperament and appears to love everyone.He's originally from Ireland and I was shocked to hear the figures involved in stray dogs they have over there, it is a real problem. :'(
The house feels like home again and I feel that Barley's loss was not in vain, as we have found Cagney and helped in a very small way towards a massive problem.                    
Janet

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2003, 03:47:17 PM »
Congratulations Janet!!! its nice to know the little fella is making himself at home already.   :)  .... I,m sure he,s going to be realy spoilt with you . :D   What a lucky boy cagney is, to have found such a wonderful home..... Please don,t forget the photos.  :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2003, 04:32:33 PM »
Well, based on what you've said about his size and having looked at his pics again, I think he might be a Brittany Spaniel - have a look here:-

http://www.brittany-spaniel-dogs.com/

What do you think? My cousins daughter got a Brittany from rescue just like this - told it was a cocker springer cross - was obviously not ;D She's a lovely dog and settled in well.

So glad he's settling in, do keep us updated  ;D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2003, 08:37:15 PM »
That`s really great news Janet. How lucky You all are to have found each other :)
Hope Everything works out well.
Tracey :)                    
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare

Offline PennyB

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2003, 09:29:36 PM »
Great news Janet. Knew you'd get there in the end. The internet is so brilliant at getting people and their dogs together sometimes.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2003, 09:51:00 PM »
Hi Janet

Just wanted to say i'm really pleased for you and Cagney ;D  Somethings are just meant to be ;)  Sounds like he is settling into his new home well :D  Would be lovely to see some piccies of him, he is sure going to be one happy doggie ;)

Emma and Indie                    

Offline FionaM

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2003, 09:37:49 AM »
That's really great news Janet :D I'm really pleased for you and for Cagney. Hope you have lots of happy days ahead :)                    
Fiona & Poppy :)