Author Topic: My poorly girl  (Read 528 times)

Offline Ebony

• Site Member
  • Our darling girl who left us on 28.2.2016
My poorly girl
« on: October 21, 2014, 10:53:28 AM »
Ebony , my wonderful 11 year old cocker vomited twice last evening and was restless most of the night and incessant licking (as though she wants moisture). She is really lethargic and isn't at all interested in food - this is extremely unusual as she loves her food.  She's vomited bile twice this morning - I offered her some yoghurt which I give her most mornings to see if that would interest her but she's just lying in her basket. My dilemma is that she absolutely hates going to the vets and only vets on this evening are okay but not my favourite - any advice on how to keep her at home and improve things would be really welcome! Thanks so much

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
Re: My poorly girl
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 11:02:41 AM »
Poor girly. I hope she feels better soon.  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: I would make an appointment. If she improves during the day you can always cancel it but you would kick yourself if she got worse and they weren't able to fit you in. Try offering her water that has had a bit of chicken boiled in it. It might be more attractive than just plain water and will keep her fluids up. Hopefully a nice sleep will help her feel a bit more perky.
Sending healing thoughts.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 11:30:08 AM »
I agree about making an appointment and cancelling it if you don't need it, it does sound like she may be in some discomfort and it's always best to be safe than sorry. Hopefully it is just a slight upset and a vet visit isn't necessary, really hope she's back to normal very soon :bigarmhug:.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 11:54:26 AM »
Poor Ebony, hope she improves during the day, it is such a worry when they are not their usual perky selves.

Good idea to make vets appt, though - just in case.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Ebony

• Site Member
  • Our darling girl who left us on 28.2.2016
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 01:47:41 PM »
Thanks so much for your comments - much appreciated by myself and Ebony!! She is currently lying on the sofa with me and we have managed to syringe some water into her mouth - then she has had a little bit of natural yoghurt which will hopefully coat her tummy. Vets appointment made for tomorrow with the vet who she "likes" most!! It's so like her to be off her food - think that's what's worried me most!!

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 06:30:10 PM »
Everything crossed for Ebony.  Hope she's on the road to feeling better teally soon. X
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline linda c

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 06:21:29 PM »
Hope Ebony gets better soon. Such a worry when they're not their usual self. Hopefully the Vet will be able to find out what's wrong.  :bigarmhug:

Offline SuzanneE

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 06:36:47 PM »
How did Ebony get on at the vet? Is she feeling any better???

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 09:45:27 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Sending lots of healing thoughts for Ebony.  Hope the vet visit went well and he/she has allayed your fears a little.  You feel so helpless and anxious when they are out of sorts.