CockersOnline Forum

Cocker Specific Discussion => Grooming => Topic started by: Cassie01 on February 06, 2013, 05:54:46 PM

Title: Show Cocker Groomers in London
Post by: Cassie01 on February 06, 2013, 05:54:46 PM
Having previously had not such a great experience I would really love to have a recommended groomer to go to.

Although I have bought much of the kit required to groom my pup I am not at all confident in moving past the comb/elastic band/coat king stage and I fear messing up with regards to scissors/shaping/ear thinning etc. Can anyone vouch for/recommend a groomer in the London area who knows how to present a show cocker?

I'm based in SW London but am happy to travel across town for a recommended groomer.

Any input would be much appreciated - thanks :-)
Title: Re: Show Cocker Groomers in London
Post by: wendy on February 06, 2013, 08:02:17 PM
Hi

Have you thought about attending this seminar that is being run by the solid cockers club it will be a good day :-)


Date: Saturday 23rd March
Venue: Alconbury Memorial Hall
School Lane
Alconbury
Huntingdon
Cambridgehsire
PE28 4EQ.

Proposed timetable:-
10am Welcome + coffee
10.30am Presentation by Michael Parkinson (Dillonpark) 'How to groom your Cocker Spaniel'
12 - 12.30pm Q/A
12.30 - 1.30pm Lunch
1.30pm Grooming workshop - there will be demonstrations, show trimming, pet clipping and you can bring along your own Cocker for help and advice.



£20 for all day with lunch, tea and coffee.
£15 for half a day with lunch, tea and coffee.


Please contact Sue Kettle lujesa@sky.com or 01268 554619 to book or for more information.

Title: Re: Show Cocker Groomers in London
Post by: Cassie01 on February 07, 2013, 10:09:41 AM
Thanks, Wendy

I do remember reading about that workshop a while ago and expressing an interest in it.

I've booked this morning and we'll try to make it for the full day.

Thanks again :-)