CockersOnline Forum
Cocker Specific Discussion => Grooming => Topic started by: silke on February 07, 2013, 12:11:06 PM
-
Hi All,
I groom Charlie on my own and have bought a grooming table because he was moving around too much on the dining room one! I love the grooming table and he seems to know it from the groomer and is really well behaved on it, BUT...after reading some horror stories on the internet of dogs falling off and (whilst being restrained by the little lead - is it a 'noose'?) strangling themselves, :-\ I am paranoid now. I daren't put the noose on him and feel really worried he'll slip off even if he isn't restrained.
Are people here getting on ok with them?
Thanks, Silke
-
Riley is fine with his. I no longer use the noose, I can leave him there and tell him to stay while I go into the kitchen for something. Only for a few seconds though.
I have one side near the settee, I really dont think he would try to jump off.
The noose doesnt have to be used if the dog is fine on the table and ok with grooming .
-
I never use the noose on ours.
-
Thanks for your replies! :blink: Charlie has very tickly feet and if I do them, he does start to move around, which worries me in case he'll fall off (even without noose!). :-\
-
Thanks for your replies! :blink: Charlie has very tickly feet and if I do them, he does start to move around, which worries me in case he'll fall off (even without noose!). :-\
My Charlie does too. If he falls off he shouldn't hurt himself, my Charlie occasionally slips a leg off but nothing more.
-
If you are worried about using the noose for the head, why not get a slightly larger one to accommodate his back end as well? No danger of him slipping off then, and if you stay with him he should be fine. In all my years as a dog groomer I never had a dog slip off the table. Just make sure they are well anchored.
-
I never use the noose either :shades:
-
Thank you everyone. :D
Williamsmum - would I need a different grooming arm for the two leads?
-
Thank you everyone. :D
Williamsmum - would I need a different grooming arm for the two leads?
No even the tiniest table (mine) has space for two nooses.
Wouldnt give them much room but its the smaller table.