CockersOnline Forum
Cocker Specific Discussion => Feeding => Topic started by: morgy1987 on November 23, 2013, 01:13:46 AM
-
Making this thread through my previous thread in the puppy forum. Alfie took quite a while to settle on a kibble. When we first got him he was on iams which gave him quite runny poos which we expected at the start. However, this continued for a few weeks and we changed him over to james well beloved. The same scenario happened again with this food so we stopped all food and started alfie on chicken and rice which he loved. We kept this up for a week, when we gradually started introducing hill science plan (after being recommended by the pet store owner). It worked really well too be honest and Alfie started having pretty solid poos. The problem is the frequency.. over the past week or so Ive noticed Alfie going to the toilet up to 6-7 times a day (including nights on a puppy pad) I was thinking this is a bit excessive? Without going into any more details than I have, does anyone think a change in food is required? If so, what? I know eden gets great write ups but what about arden grange or burns which i can get easily locally? Is it worth it to order eden and always make sure I have enough of it to feed Alfie? I know this sounds like an essay, but any advice on good dry kibble would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks a lot
-
Tilly was on burns and was fine but would go around six times a day. She has been on nature diet for a while now and she only goes around three times and her pools are solid. No more anal gland probe. It's not until the find a food that suits them that you realise the other one didn't. I did a lot of research on "whichdogfood.com"