CockersOnline Forum

Cocker Specific Discussion => Feeding => Topic started by: JeffD on November 30, 2013, 05:34:14 PM

Title: Not very lady like Teal
Post by: JeffD on November 30, 2013, 05:34:14 PM
Sue picked up a large pack of chopped pig heart from the supermarket and for a change I cooked it up with carrots and potatoes for Teal rather than giving it raw,

Going by the burps and belches and cleaning her face on the carpet I think she enjoyed it.
Title: Re: Not very lady like Teal
Post by: Mudmagnets on November 30, 2013, 05:45:33 PM
Sue picked up a large pack of chopped pig heart from the supermarket and for a change I cooked it up with carrots and potatoes for Teal rather than giving it raw,

Going by the burps and belches and cleaning her face on the carpet I think she enjoyed it.


Could say she made a right pig of herself   :005:
Title: Re: Not very lady like Teal
Post by: abkb on November 30, 2013, 05:50:43 PM
Sue picked up a large pack of chopped pig heart from the supermarket and for a change I cooked it up with carrots and potatoes for Teal rather than giving it raw,

Going by the burps and belches and cleaning her face on the carpet I think she enjoyed it.


Could say she made a right pig of herself   :005:

 :rofl1:
Title: Re: Not very lady like Teal
Post by: linda c on November 30, 2013, 05:51:52 PM
Sounds like she really enjoyed it  :005:
Title: Re: Not very lady like Teal
Post by: Mudmagnets on November 30, 2013, 06:40:38 PM
Are most dogs ok with pork these days - used to be a no-no at one time, but I notice you can get pork in kibble too. (thinking of adding some to MInstrel's rice & Burns while I change him from Naturediet, and thought a bit of pork now and again instead of chicken, scrambled egg or fish. for a change (all cooked)!

Sorry to go off topic, Jeff - just interested to know
Title: Re: Not very lady like Teal
Post by: Pearly on November 30, 2013, 06:47:43 PM
Sue picked up a large pack of chopped pig heart from the supermarket and for a change I cooked it up with carrots and potatoes for Teal rather than giving it raw,

Going by the burps and belches and cleaning her face on the carpet I think she enjoyed it.


Could say she made a right pig of herself   :005:

 :rofl1:
Title: Re: Not very lady like Teal
Post by: JeffD on November 30, 2013, 08:13:42 PM
Are most dogs ok with pork these days - used to be a no-no at one time, but I notice you can get pork in kibble too. (thinking of adding some to MInstrel's rice & Burns while I change him from Naturediet, and thought a bit of pork now and again instead of chicken, scrambled egg or fish. for a change (all cooked)!

Sorry to go off topic, Jeff - just interested to know

TBH never really thought about it have always fed my dogs pork if it was available same as any other meat.
Title: Re: Not very lady like Teal
Post by: Mudmagnets on November 30, 2013, 08:39:28 PM
Are most dogs ok with pork these days - used to be a no-no at one time, but I notice you can get pork in kibble too. (thinking of adding some to MInstrel's rice & Burns while I change him from Naturediet, and thought a bit of pork now and again instead of chicken, scrambled egg or fish. for a change (all cooked)!

Sorry to go off topic, Jeff - just interested to know

TBH never really thought about it have always fed my dogs pork if it was available same as any other meat.

OK thanks
Title: Re: Not very lady like Teal
Post by: elaine.e on November 30, 2013, 08:52:06 PM
Well I reckon you'll be getting up at about 3.00 am Jeff :005:

Pork used to be a no for raw feeders and always had to be thoroughly cooked for people because of a type of worm called Trichinosis. But that was eliminated from UK pigs many years ago so there's no reason now why dogs can't have raw pork (although it's a bit rich for some) and why us hoomans can eat our cooked pork a bit pink if we want to.

Heart is very rich and I won't feed my 2 a whole meal of it raw because it goes through them a bit quick ph34r.

Hope you have a peaceful night Jeff :lol2:
Title: Re: Not very lady like Teal
Post by: JeffD on November 30, 2013, 09:08:47 PM
Well I reckon you'll be getting up at about 3.00 am Jeff :005:

Pork used to be a no for raw feeders and always had to be thoroughly cooked for people because of a type of worm called Trichinosis. But that was eliminated from UK pigs many years ago so there's no reason now why dogs can't have raw pork (although it's a bit rich for some) and why us hoomans can eat our cooked pork a bit pink if we want to.

Heart is very rich and I won't feed my 2 a whole meal of it raw because it goes through them a bit quick ph34r.

Hope you have a peaceful night Jeff :lol2:

 :lol2: I am feeling pretty confident Teal has a cast iron stomach and it was cooked and mixed with veg.
 Hope I don't have to eat my words  :D :D :D
Title: Re: Not very lady like Teal
Post by: Mudmagnets on November 30, 2013, 09:09:51 PM
Well I reckon you'll be getting up at about 3.00 am Jeff :005:

Pork used to be a no for raw feeders and always had to be thoroughly cooked for people because of a type of worm called Trichinosis. But that was eliminated from UK pigs many years ago so there's no reason now why dogs can't have raw pork (although it's a bit rich for some) and why us hoomans can eat our cooked pork a bit pink if we want to.

Heart is very rich and I won't feed my 2 a whole meal of it raw because it goes through them a bit quick ph34r.

Hope you have a peaceful night Jeff :lol2:

Thanks Elaine

Title: Re: Not very lady like Teal
Post by: Mudmagnets on November 30, 2013, 09:10:46 PM
Well I reckon you'll be getting up at about 3.00 am Jeff :005:

Pork used to be a no for raw feeders and always had to be thoroughly cooked for people because of a type of worm called Trichinosis. But that was eliminated from UK pigs many years ago so there's no reason now why dogs can't have raw pork (although it's a bit rich for some) and why us hoomans can eat our cooked pork a bit pink if we want to.

Heart is very rich and I won't feed my 2 a whole meal of it raw because it goes through them a bit quick ph34r.

Hope you have a peaceful night Jeff :lol2:

 :lol2: I am feeling pretty confident Teal has a cast iron stomach and it was cooked and mixed with veg.
 Hope I don't have to eat my words  :D :D :D

NOt sprouts I hope - Watch this space....... :shades:
Title: Re: Not very lady like Teal
Post by: JeffD on November 30, 2013, 10:16:49 PM
No sprouts, cooked sprouts and cauliflower are a banned dog food in my house, every dog I have ever had can convert them two cooked veg into a lethal nerve agent in 30 minutes  :D
Title: Re: Not very lady like Teal
Post by: Mudmagnets on November 30, 2013, 10:43:21 PM
No sprouts, cooked sprouts and cauliflower are a banned dog food in my house, every dog I have ever had can convert them two cooked veg into a lethal nerve agent in 30 minutes  :D

  :fear2: :rofl1: