CockersOnline Forum
Cocker Specific Discussion => Behaviour & Training => Topic started by: rubyduby on June 12, 2024, 12:36:58 PM
-
More and more my 5 year old Cocker Amber is losing interest in her walks, she seems to want to spend the time cuddling on a bench watching the world go by, she is extremely clingy and has got worse since I lost my other Cocker last November. Now she just wants babying all the time, she needs exercise and I am at a loss how to get her to take more interest in her surroundings, any suggestions, she wont play with balls etc, so I cant even play to exercise her??
-
Would she be interested in structured exercise like Hoopers or Agility, where she would be getting your attention at the same time as getting exercise.
-
Is there anyone else with a friendly dog who you could walk with sometimes? It sounds as if little Amber‘s lost her confidence since she‘s lost the company of your other dog, not all dogs are interested in balls or toys but its sad that she seemingly doesn’t enjoy her walks, even if she‘s only sniffing around and investigating whats going on, especially at her young age.
If she‘s generally lost interest in things, maybe a word with the vet might be an idea.
-
I actually took her to the vet and had blood tests, I have had experience of dogs losing energy etc, which was hypothyroidism, but all her tests were okay