Any advice would be great as to whether these people could be considered suitable potential owners.
Best wishes Mary
[snapback]153693[/snapback]
I'm not a breeder, but know when I was looking for a cocker pup, I approached people with cockers to ask where they were bred.......I personally wouldn't have asked if they were considering breeding BUT, if I were looking for a less popular breed I might ask an owner if they planned on breeding themselves :unsure:
Maybe these people were familiar with working cockers but know that there a fewer breeders of this strain? It can't do any harm to contact them when the time comes and let them know that you are expecting a litter; you may find they can offer perfect homes for your pups..... :unsure:
This is slightly different, but....
I have been approached by people in the park when I've been walking Bella, who have said that if Bella ever has pups they'd be very interested in having one......
[snapback]153693[/snapback]
Just don't rely on these people being genuinely interested when the time actually comes ;) I wouldn't personally treat seriously inquiries from people you meet out walking in the park - it wouldn't be my idea of the best way of finding good homes for puppies which is really not easy at the best of times. I don't think it's the case that these people are aware that there are fewer breeders of Working Cockers - a look at the KC litter registrations reveals that there are many Working Cockers being bred each year so there is certainly no shortage of breeders of this type of Cocker.
Jane