CockersOnline Forum
Cocker Specific Discussion => Grooming => Topic started by: Cob-Web on July 28, 2007, 03:37:20 PM
-
Well, I asked the questions, bought the clippers, read the book, watched the video (are those dogs drugged? :005:) and finally took the plunge - and here is the result:
(http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z57/Molo_Spaniel/Moloclipped.jpg)
Not too bad, I am extremely pleased with it - there are the odd stray hairs here and there, but all in all, not a bad first attempt, I don't think ;)
-
Molo looks lovely, IMO you did a better job than most groomers do. He looks very tidy and smart. Well done. :D
-
He looks very proud of himself! :D
You are very brave! And he looks lovely!
-
He looks great Rachel :shades: ..well done ;)
-
He looks great Rachel :shades: ..well done ;)
Thanks Suzy ;) Lil'bit doesn't think so - she says she "doesn't like where Molo's ears are now" :lol: :shades:
-
doesn't he look hansome, good job :D
-
He looks great Rachel :shades: ..well done ;)
Thanks Suzy ;) Lil'bit doesn't think so - she says she "doesn't like where Molo's ears are now" :lol: :shades:
He does look great :shades:, but i know what she means, it always takes me ages to get used to Jarvis' newly clipped head as his eyes and ears seem to move an inch further up. :005:
-
he looks great :D,well done :D
-
I think you've done a great job, he looks lovely :luv:
-
He looks very smart :shades: well done you for having a go, you'll save a fortune now ;)
-
He looks very smart :shades: well done you for having a go, you'll save a fortune now ;)
I bought a *cheaper* pair of clippers in the end, cos I really wasn't sure how much of a mess I would make of it ph34r
They only cost me the same as one professional clip does (the clippers were reduced to half-price) - so they have already paid for themselves, even if I never use them again ;)
Now I know that I can do it - I am keeping my eye open for a decent set; even OH has agreed I can spend for them now he has seen that I haven't made Molo look like his little sister currently does :005:
-
I've said it before on here but the Moser Rex ones are a great set of clippers for a semi professional finish...they are about 45 quid.
-
Well done Rachel, very good for a first attempt! I just did Bella today (my 3rd attempt) so will add a picture tomorrow but it's not much different to Molo. I'm finding gradually I'm getting slightly quicker at it but it didn't stop madam being in a foul mood after I'd finished (she's finally perking up now there's a fly for her to chase round the living room ::) :lol:).
I've done Zorro twice but his coat is very different so it's almost a completely different kettle of fish. Bella's got a "wave" to her coat but Zorro's is absolutely straight, not even the slightest hint of a kink...
-
Well done, he looks great! :shades:
With two of them you almost have to learn how to groom your own so you don't go broke! :005:
-
He looks great! Well done you! I only attempted to clip my last dog twice before buggering up the clippers (cheap ones) and going insane with the amount of hair that seemed to find it's way up my nose >:D It's not an easy job and that's before factoring in wriggling spaniel :005: :005:
I am wondering what an earth you did to Molo's tongue though to make it swell up like that ;) :rofl1: :rofl1:
Hannah x
-
Wow, well done! I'm still waiting for my birthday, before I can get the clippers I ordered from OH. So maybe in about 2 weeks I'll have such a smart looking cocker to show off as well!
I decided on the Moser Arco - with the varying cutting head lengths. Hope I'm as successful as you.
Chris & Co.
-
I see there are Moser Rex clippers on ebay - priced at about £43 - they come with 2 guide heads - would i have to buy the blades seperately??
...sorry if i'm asking something obvious!! :shades:
-
Hi Lesley,
looks like you are looking at a similar one to me (I'm only checking the German market though, because I live here). I've got this website, but it is in German - general technical data is kind of international, and you've got picks if you want to have a look.
http://www.moser-animalline-shop.de/items/detail_020_2.htm
The rex seems to come with this adjustable head too. You can change it between 0.1 and 3mm, and it has two combs as well, for longer cuts. So, you wouldn't need to buy extra heads in this case.
I've been looking at the ARCO which has a similar length adjustable head, but is battery powered.
Good look with your bidding...
Chris & Co.
-
He looks great! Maddi is sitting here like :luv:
Ha, I don't know if I'll be brave enough to clip her, with Murphy being a working cocker it's always been easy, I'll probably give it a go when the time comes, I shave OH's head, and he wiggles more than Maddi probably would :005:
-
I am wondering what an earth you did to Molo's tongue though to make it swell up like that ;) :rofl1: :rofl1:
Hannah x
:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: