CockersOnline Forum

Cocker Specific Discussion => Grooming => Topic started by: JaspersMum on August 13, 2007, 12:06:57 AM

Title: Clipping again
Post by: JaspersMum on August 13, 2007, 12:06:57 AM
Well I decided to have a go at clipping Jasper and bought some good clippers instead of the cheap ones I'd tried to date.

I had a chickens attempt at him before we went on holiday but this morning (just before we went to a show) I decided to tidy him up, and one thing led to another, and a pile of hair on the table and floor, and, well what do you think -
before
(http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/IMG_0414-1.jpg)
after
(http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/IMG_3263.jpg)
(http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/IMG_3271.jpg)
(http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/IMG_3199.jpg)
Title: Re: Clipping again
Post by: spanielcrazy on August 13, 2007, 12:45:11 AM
Excellent job!  :D

He looks very smart, you should be proud  :shades:
Title: Re: Clipping again
Post by: ladylola on August 13, 2007, 09:44:29 AM
Wow, he looks great well done
Title: Re: Clipping again
Post by: Tracy S on August 13, 2007, 09:51:18 AM


He looks great Jenny, I've had a go with Louie but I'm not that happy with the way he looks although it suits him much better when out walking etc. ;)

What sort of clippers did you get?
Title: Re: Clipping again
Post by: Boof on August 13, 2007, 10:54:02 AM
Jasper looks lovely - there will be no stopping you now.  :shades:
Title: Re: Clipping again
Post by: lolajays on August 13, 2007, 10:56:23 AM
Looks lovely! Cant wait to meet him well both of them! Hope to be up in Sept!!!! :005:
Title: Re: Clipping again
Post by: JaspersMum on August 13, 2007, 02:47:46 PM


He looks great Jenny, I've had a go with Louie but I'm not that happy with the way he looks although it suits him much better when out walking etc. ;)

What sort of clippers did you get?

Moser Max45, coincidently a COL member was selling hers on ebay  ;)

Bought a couple of different heads to go with it and think I'm getting there now!
Title: Re: Clipping again
Post by: Michele on August 13, 2007, 03:00:08 PM
He looks fab Jenny, you've done a great job.  :shades: :clapping:
Title: Re: Clipping again
Post by: silke on August 13, 2007, 06:06:06 PM
Impressive, well done. :D When I think of the time I clipped (or tried to clip! :shades:) our first cocker... :005:
Title: Re: Clipping again
Post by: Gilly on August 15, 2007, 01:10:15 AM
Just been looking at the pics and I must say you have done a brilliant job!!! I started with Moser Rex clippers about £40 and they were a great intermediate clipper to start off with. You've trimmed him how I do Buttons, retaining nice feathering  ;)  :shades:
He looks really nice in your show picture.
Title: Re: Clipping again
Post by: JaspersMum on August 15, 2007, 07:48:48 AM
Just need to tidy up a little, not quite straight line on both sides and need to tidy round top of tail and ears.

How can I stop the feathering under him from curling - Megs hair straighteners don't seem appropriate  :shades:
Title: Re: Clipping again
Post by: Gilly on August 15, 2007, 10:09:26 AM
Probably not much to be honest unless you blow dry it from the otherside underneath, if that makes sense but then I would only do that if you were taking him to a wee show  ;)
Title: Re: Clipping again
Post by: JaspersMum on August 17, 2007, 05:54:53 PM
Had another go and managed to stop before I scalped them - got the skirt to hang a bit straighter to I think by taking the line just a little lower

Solved the weight problem too - he's now 2kg lighter  ;)

(http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/IMG_3331.jpg)

and Louie got a tidy up

(http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/IMG_3345.jpg)
Title: Re: Clipping again
Post by: Victoria on August 17, 2007, 06:11:53 PM
I think you have done a great job.  They both look gorgeous. 
Title: Re: Clipping again
Post by: Michele on August 17, 2007, 08:23:58 PM
They both look fabulous Jenny, my only teeny weeny comment would be on Jasper's front feathering - I'd let it grow a bit at the back of his foot so you can trim it like you have Louie's, but otherwise, fantastic and good on you for having the courage to do it. (http://www.yatoula.com/gif/smiley_2/smiley_789.gif)
Title: Re: Clipping again
Post by: Boof on August 17, 2007, 08:46:01 PM
I agree, they look absolutely fantastic.  :shades: