CockersOnline Forum

Cocker Specific Discussion => Puppies => Topic started by: Hurtwood Dogs on September 07, 2007, 01:03:30 PM

Title: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: Hurtwood Dogs on September 07, 2007, 01:03:30 PM
Dave is feeling very sorry for himself to day and keeps grumbling (or should that be 'gumbling'  :005:) and mouthing on his blanket.. so I had a look and he's lost 3 teeth!!! YES! Only the little ones at the front at the moment not the 'fangs' unfortunately but I am sooooo excited about this... I see a pain free future ahead!

Hannah x
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: phillyknickers on September 07, 2007, 02:09:47 PM
awwwww  :luv:  :luv:
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: dorrit on September 07, 2007, 02:16:14 PM
HOw old is he...Just out of interest as Nell is still chewing on everything in sight, including hands, feet legs and anything else that comes with biting distance.
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: ruby ruby doo on September 07, 2007, 02:24:42 PM
ruby is suddenly gappy but i can see the two bottom teeth coming through already!  It s quite exciting..sadly did not stop her drawing blood yesterday! the worst bite so far! ouch! think it is the way you extract things from their mouths!
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: Teisen_bach on September 07, 2007, 02:33:34 PM
Ooh wow lucky you, puppy teath are so cute but boy o boy do they hurt  ::)   :luv:
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: Hurtwood Dogs on September 07, 2007, 02:38:18 PM
HOw old is he...Just out of interest as Nell is still chewing on everything in sight, including hands, feet legs and anything else that comes with biting distance.

He's 15 weeks today  :luv:

He's biting has improved 100 fold on the last week despite the discomfort he must be in. I'm not convinced it will last as he's improved before then drawn blood a few days later BLESS HIM  :D So don't worry Ruby Doo!  :'( He's quite quiet today too, and keeps crying into a chilled carrot too poor little love..

We're not going to be out of the water until those baby fangs are gone though  :005: :005:

Hannah x
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: september on September 07, 2007, 03:35:15 PM
Ah bless him, I can't wait for ours to go! Roxy is 14 weeks so I guess maybe a week or 2 to wait!

I keep peeking in her mouth but the little snappers are still firmly attached :005:
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: pinkcarys on September 07, 2007, 03:43:16 PM
Hi Hannah,

Glad Dave is loosing his little fangs. I've not noticed Griffin loosing his yet and he's narly 17 weeks. SHould he be loosing tehm by now?

xxx
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: Hurtwood Dogs on September 07, 2007, 03:49:18 PM
Hi Hannah,

Glad Dave is loosing his little fangs. I've not noticed Griffin loosing his yet and he's narly 17 weeks. SHould he be loosing tehm by now?

xxx

Hiya! I think they all differ, I have no idea when Trev lost his, just one day I noticed he had grown up teeth  :D (Maybe I didn't notice as he didn't bite so much  :005: :005:)

I think anywhere between 4 and 6 months is 'normal' possibly even a bigger window than that, I wouldn't worry. Dave's only lost 3 of the little ones right at the front at the moment.. none of the damage causing FANGS..  :D

xx
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: *sammy* on September 07, 2007, 05:12:05 PM
sams only just losing his now and he's 25 weeks!
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: ruby ruby doo on September 07, 2007, 06:35:55 PM
guess if you think of it children lose them at different rates too! My lucy was the last in the class with baby front teeth at 8! Ruby is 15 weeks today..gosh everone keeps asking and you just gat used to saying her age and it changes the week is gone!.....hey hannah,  r.e. not going back to work..my brain has been working overtime to think of excuses to take her! Very educational in a pre-school!   somehow i guess ofsted would not see my point of view!Never had to leave my kids as babies to go to work so leaving rubes at 4 months..is gonna be a blow! I tend to rush home to see her...just like i did my childhood cocker..who was always good for a hug when school was tough to handle! :D :luv:      Jo
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: BettyBoo on September 09, 2007, 03:46:07 PM

Know exactly how you feel. Betty, our 16 week old has lost her 1st tooth this weekend.
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: ruby ruby doo on September 09, 2007, 04:52:05 PM
Aww! front teeth gone and new ones appearing but new ones  come up ever so quick..front gone yesterday and new ones broken through today! bless!
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: september on September 09, 2007, 05:22:24 PM
ooooh! its not fair! where are our new teeth!!!!
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: janeg on September 10, 2007, 10:11:17 AM
Coonies been losing hers as well.  My youngest son who's 5 has just lost his first tooth and insisted on putting Connies tooth under the pillow with his!  I nearly wet myself when OH put a £1 coin and a Kong liver treat under the pillow but it has firmly cemented Mackenzies belief in the fairy tooth and it was soooo lovely to hear him telling Connie the next morning why she was getting an extra treat :luv: We've still got those dreaded fangs though. Jane
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: Vino tinto ! on September 10, 2007, 02:14:06 PM
Dear Jane I am worried now ? How are you going to able to afford ALL those teeth that will have to go under the pillow  :005:
What a lovely story,very heart warming .
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: Michele on September 10, 2007, 02:47:56 PM
Florence in nearly 19 weeks now and she has got her new teeth at the front, top & bottom.  :shades:
I had a panic attack yesterday when I got home from Richmond Ch Show, OH told me he thought she'd chipped a tooth!!! :faint:
Had a good look and all new teeth are fine but she has taken the tip off one of the lower canines (fangs), which thankfully is still a baby tooth.
All bones have been put away for now.  ;)
Title: Re: THE TEETH ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!! YEY!!!!!
Post by: sabrino on September 10, 2007, 08:39:35 PM
Milo's only 4 1/2 months and is already losing some of his back teeth  :'( I feel really sorry for him because he's obv in lots of pain and doesn't know whats happening. I also feel sorry for myself as he has become a little croc again  :005: He lost two big ones tonight and there was blood allover OH's trousers where he's been chewing on a rope. Poor bay-bee.