CockersOnline Forum
Cocker Specific Discussion => Puppies => Topic started by: pinkcarys on September 07, 2007, 06:22:55 PM
-
As you may have seen on "Anything Goes", we're moving house next Thursday :D :D :D :D
Now I'm not going to be much use on the moving day so Griffin and I will go there before my OH and his brother, so I can let Griffin have a wonder around without too much going on. Then whilst boxes and furniture are being shifted Griffin and I will be on Tea duty, fish and chips duty and can alsways go for a walk. Does anyone have any tips for making it as stress free for him as possible. Would that DAP thingy be useful for making him feel settled?
Thanks,
Carys
-x-
-
Anyone?
-
We moved when Jarvis was about 5 months, but it was a different situation as we moved in with my mum, so no unpacking really as our stuff went into storage. :-\
Jarvis wasn't at all stressed though, and thought it all was a great game, and loved destroying exploring his new garden. :005:
I's definately get him out of the way on a walk or something whilst furniture's being shifted, but other than that he should be fine. You'll have a willing helper for unpacking boxes i'm sure. :lol:
-
Good luck with your moving :D I love moving house always nice to have a change of scenery and you get to do all that planning and redecorating again :005:
Mine are crated so they have a home from home and soon get used to a new environment I don't make any fuss though so maybe if you show him where he will be and give a small meal that would be nice, I found Ayla likes to be involved with the moving process and gets under everyones feet so the walks might be a good thing, all those lovely new smells to explore :D
I did use a dab plug with my old boy but to be honest I think the sausage treats and his new bone had more effect :-) Good luck and happy moving day!!
-
You could always bring Griffin up to me for a few days while you get settled! But I might not want to give him back!!!! :005:
Hope the move goes smoothly! You sound like you've got a good plan already! Perhaps if you keep yourself and griffin shut in the kitchen and garden, all the big funiture moving can be done out of sight! So hopefully he won't notice too much and will be too busy exploring his new garden! Maybe a fancy new toy to keep his mind occupied too! And not to mention tasty treats!
-
Hi Carys,
Im moving on Saturday :luv:
Nightmare this packing lark we only moved last year year too >:(
Didnt have Lady then so this will be the first move with puppy in tow ;)
My friends hubby going to look after her when we move the stuff then we'll pick her up and take her to her new home :D
The garden isnt as big as this one but it is all paved so no digging hurray :lol:
Plenty of nice walks to take her on so should be great new scenery ;)
Good luck with your move will be thinking of you :005: ;) :luv:
-
Thank you! We will try to stay out of the way whilst the furniture and boxes are being moved. I'm not going to be any good at carrying boxes anyway so I think Griffin and I will go for walkies.
You'll have a willing helper for unpacking boxes i'm sure. :lol:
Hmmm, I have a willing helper helping to unpack boxes already. I keep telling him he's three days too early but no, he's determined to take things from the boxes quicker than I'm putting them in. :005:
Good luck with your move too, Clarey-doll.