CockersOnline Forum

Cocker Specific Discussion => Grooming => Topic started by: hamfam on September 08, 2007, 11:34:46 AM

Title: Bit the bullet
Post by: hamfam on September 08, 2007, 11:34:46 AM
Well i got fed up with having Lucy butchered by the local groomers, despite clear instructions even pictures and Michelles excellent grooming guide, the combination of my OH and the groomer(s) always ends up leaving Lucy looking like i'd cut it myself - so i thought bu@@er it and have bought some clippers.

I've just ordered some Andis AGC2 from PrizePets (http://www.prizepets.co.uk/Public/Dog_Clippers__Scissors/1399.htm) including a #10 blade and with an additional #7F blade for £132 including VAT and P&P

Look out grooming disaster looming ph34r
Title: Re: Bit the bullet
Post by: Boof on September 08, 2007, 11:53:58 AM
You'll be fine. IMO an owner can do as good a job as a groomer, you can decide what you want to leave and how short you want it, etc. As I take it, it can be a bit hit and miss but practice makes perfect. :D
Title: Re: Bit the bullet
Post by: Teisen_bach on September 08, 2007, 01:45:13 PM
Aww good luck with it...im sure you will do fine and you will get back the ££ over time,

Looking forwards to seeing piccies of your first clip  ;)
Title: Re: Bit the bullet
Post by: Michele on September 08, 2007, 02:03:29 PM
Good for you, remember we're here for you if you have any worries/questions  :D
Title: Re: Bit the bullet
Post by: hamfam on September 08, 2007, 02:21:23 PM
Just had a phone call from PrizePets to say they are out of stock of the Andis AGC2 but if it is alright with me they will upgrade my order to the AGC2 Super at no extra charge!

Full marks to PrizePets
Title: Re: Bit the bullet
Post by: Michele on September 08, 2007, 03:46:04 PM
Cripes hamfam, I've only got the AGC2 and not the Super  >:(, think I'll be sending my dogs along to you  :005:
Title: Re: Bit the bullet
Post by: LesleyW on September 08, 2007, 07:16:03 PM
Well, I bought some Oster clippers off the net before we went away, didnt realise it came without the blades tho (duhhh), so am just going to have a hunt through the threads to see which size is best for the job!

Bracken is a worker, and not too hairy, I have to say, but her ears and "lady-trousers" could do with sorting out a bit.....I just hope i dont get carried away and scalp her!  ph34r
Title: Re: Bit the bullet
Post by: hamfam on September 08, 2007, 09:56:25 PM
Cripes hamfam, I've only got the AGC2 and not the Super  >:(, think I'll be sending my dogs along to you  :005:

No problem but i will have to increase my fees due to the superior equipment in use :shades:

I think i might be coming to you for advice - in fact a couple of questions spring to mind........

1. which end do i point at the dog?

2. do you have to train the dog to use them (like teenagers and deodorant) or do they just clip themselves instinctively?