CockersOnline Forum

Cocker Specific Discussion => Grooming => Topic started by: ianandpaula on September 09, 2007, 09:56:47 PM

Title: First hair cut/nails done
Post by: ianandpaula on September 09, 2007, 09:56:47 PM
Molly is in season at the moment and all her bits are changing so I don't want to do anything whilst she is still in season. I read yesterday in a book that if you can hear the nails on the ground then they are too long. I think we have always been able to hear Molly's nails on the ground.


 
Should I get them cut - any recommendations in North West/Southport area? And is there an age to get the first trim/thinning out. She still seems to be shedding alot of hair so I guess this is still the puppy coat - she is 9 old months now
Title: Re: First hair cut/nails done
Post by: bluegirl on September 10, 2007, 02:16:43 PM
I don't think there is a set age, seems more like personal preference, some like them cut around 6 mths and others wait a bit longer for first cut.
If she is in season the excessive hair loss can be due to that factor aswell, Phoebe dropped all her coat and still doesn't look right and her first season was a while ago, and Penny drops after her seasons.
You can hear my dogs feet too when then walk on things like wooden floor or tiles but they are actually short and I think with all the running around that Molly does hers will be ok too, but the groomer, when you find one could check that out.