CockersOnline Forum

Cocker Specific Discussion => Puppies => Topic started by: dap on September 13, 2007, 03:28:27 PM

Title: Horrid morning
Post by: dap on September 13, 2007, 03:28:27 PM
motorbikend I have had a terrible time this morning.  We were out for a walk to the woods and crossing a busy road to get there and traffic was at a standstill as usual.  A van was stopped by the pedestrian crossing and waved us across.  As I was about to get to the central reservation I was struck by a motorbike overtaking the traffic.  I went flying to the ground as did poor Mostyn.  Miraculously we both got off fairly lightly.  I got up immediately to pick him up and he was schreaming trying to run away as you can imagine.

Incredibly the motobike driver drove off  >:D.  Lots of kind and lovely people came to help us.  I took Mostyn to the vet and he has bruised his front paw and left hind leg.  I have a few more sores but at least I'm bigger and able to take the blow.  I am so relieved that the bike hit me and not him, but what a shock.  Sadly neither I or any of the witnesses got the number plate as the driver took off so quickly.

Mostyn has slept most of the day, but did take his anti-inflammatory tablet and ate his dinner, which cheered me up.  He's limping a bit but still wants to bring me his toys so I guess he's not too bothered.

A few days rest (vet said a couple of days should do the trick) and we should be back on our walk.  It will be interesting to see how Mostyn gets on near traffic next time though.

Will keep you all posted.
D.
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: JenSam on September 13, 2007, 03:30:54 PM
Sorry to hear you had such a terrible morning.  Hope you and Mostyn make a speedy recovery! 
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: Steelygirl on September 13, 2007, 03:31:17 PM
How awful! I would tell the police and see if they would (bother..) to do anything (maybe a camera closeby).  >:D I'd be so angry, thank goodness you both got off lightly.

Hugs from me and cocker kisses to Mostyn from Fred.

Steely x
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: kalami on September 13, 2007, 03:31:39 PM
Blimey, glad your both OK.
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: Boof on September 13, 2007, 03:34:17 PM
It's bad enough that you got hit - but to drive away from the scene  :o Some people! I'm so glad you're both OK.
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: dap on September 13, 2007, 03:36:25 PM
Thank you for your lovely messages.

Called the police who were very helpful and came to take a statement from me - not much use with no details of driver etc though.  The camera which was nearby got taken out of action three weeks ago which is very frustrating.

Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: ladylola on September 13, 2007, 03:44:23 PM
Glad you are both ok. Some people have no conscience. I hope he is caught though.
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: Becky and Wilson on September 13, 2007, 03:45:43 PM
Hope you are both ok!  I was so shocked to read your post!  I can't beleive he just drove off!  I really hope the police manage to catch him from a camera possible further down the road!
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: caro on September 13, 2007, 03:55:42 PM
Sorry to read this too, it is unbelievable - and in front of witnesses too - it was good that there were people around.  Poor little Mostyn he must have been so frightened - I hope he makes a quick recovery, and you too!  Pleased the Police came to see you, it shows they do take it seriously, even though you had no details.
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: Michele on September 13, 2007, 04:08:11 PM
And car drivers are always being reminded to be considerate to bikers  >:(

Hope you & Mostyn recover from your bumps and bruises very soon.
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: Sue67 on September 13, 2007, 04:21:01 PM
God, that's awful.

Hope you're both feeling better soon, you'll probably find you're both really stiff in the morning, take it easy.

Very gentle hugs to Mostyn from Indy.
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: *Theresa* on September 13, 2007, 04:22:21 PM
Gosh what a morning. So glad you are both ok and not more seriously hurt. Cocker kisses from my two to you and Mostyn  :-*
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: Potter on September 13, 2007, 04:34:41 PM
On my goodness, I can't believe it.  You must be absolutely shell shocked, and poor, poor Mostyn.  What a terrible thing to have happened, and for the motor bike not to have stopped is just beyond belief.  It would be marvelous if someone had caught his plate number.

Take a few days for the shock to come out, as I'm sure it will, and just rest.  And lots and lots of cuddles for Mostyn.

Take care

Love

Kay
-x-
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: Teisen_bach on September 13, 2007, 04:44:04 PM
Oh no what i nightmare, hope your both feeling better now,
You must have been so shocked....i bet you still are....huge hugs to you and Mostyn
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: *sammy* on September 13, 2007, 05:34:55 PM
how awful >:D

hope the two of you feel better soon :-*
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: Cob-Web on September 13, 2007, 06:20:19 PM
I hope you both continue to recover from your injuries and shock  :-*

A similar thing happened to my Gran when she was in her 80's - she was not so lucky and suffered some broken bones, but has recovered well  :D The driver was eventually identified and caught through a media appeal for witnesses :)
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: LesleyW on September 13, 2007, 06:37:36 PM
what a horrible experience for you both!!   

I wonder of the biker uses the same route every day - may be worth going back (at a distance of course) and see if he passes at about the same time?

I'd recommend arnica tablets for both you and Mostyn - you can get them from decent health shops - i'be been using them on Bracken after she bruised her shoulder a few days ago, they are very good!
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: Silver Surfer (indiesnan) on September 13, 2007, 06:38:56 PM
What an awful thing to happen,   >:D i bet it gave you both an awful shock. I hope you and Mostyn are  feeling better soon. :-*

Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: Hurtwood Dogs on September 13, 2007, 08:25:54 PM
Ohno! Poor you! That's terrible, bet you were shaking afterwards, you poor thing. Really hope you both feel better soon and glad it wasn't anymore serious.

Hannah xxx
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: ruby ruby doo on September 13, 2007, 08:54:29 PM
I am sorry ..what an awful experience for you both ...hope you both feel better soon!
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: Nicola on September 13, 2007, 08:58:30 PM
My god, I'm glad you're both ok  :o :o

What an irresponsible, dangerous **** of a biker  >:D >:D 
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: Sheryl on September 13, 2007, 09:11:04 PM
So pleased you are both ok.  As bikers ourselves, it annoys us when idiots like this pull these kinds of stunts :-\  I remember a car stopping just after a crossing to let me turn right and a biker shot out from his inside and almost went over the front of my car.  I was so angry I got out of the car and tore him a new a******e :005:  I think it is a good idea to wait and see if he goes past again at about the same time.  Always assuming you can recognise bike and leathers :blink:
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: michelle123 on September 13, 2007, 09:59:35 PM
How could somebody just drive off.  It beggars belief.  I really hope that he has a conscience and turns himself in.  What a w****r  >:D

 :-* :-* to you both, thankfully you are both ok, barring the bruises and shock
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: nikkij on September 13, 2007, 10:40:40 PM
How awful! hope you and Mostyn feel better soon sending hugs to you both  :-*
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: Sheryl on September 14, 2007, 09:20:22 AM
How are you both feeling today? :blink:
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: Joules on September 14, 2007, 10:32:44 AM
Aw, poor Mostyn and poor you - I hope you both recover quickly and he is not put off traffic by this experience.  Sure he will be fine and will be less worried about it than you are  ::) 

As for the biker  >:D >:D

Have you got any arnica?  It is great for brusing, shock and general bumps.  Sounds like you both need some  :shades: ;)
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: dap on September 14, 2007, 12:31:14 PM
Hello all,

Thank you for your lovely messages.  Mostyn seems fine today and quite happily came for a short walk this morning.  Thankfully he didn't seem disturbed by the cars on the road, I was worried it would make him nervous but he appeared to be OK.  He was so sweet yesterday though and stayed by my side all day.  I even let him up on the sofa for a cuddle at one point  :005:

I am stiff as a board today and everything aches, will be better tomorrow I'm sure.

I did go out at a similar time today but given that he sped off so quicklly  >:( I'm not entirely sure I would recongnise him again.


Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: Vino tinto ! on September 14, 2007, 01:12:53 PM
I am also shocked !! This is a disgrace if that "person " is not found !! It's bad enough hitting you and the Mostyn,whay if it had been a child !!! xx
Title: Re: Horrid morning
Post by: Sheryl on September 14, 2007, 01:17:01 PM
Quote
I am stiff as a board today and everything aches, will be better tomorrow I'm sure.

Maybe not.  It may take a couple of days for your aches to go :blink: :blink:  Glad Mostyn seems non the worse for the ordeal.