CockersOnline Forum
Cocker Specific Discussion => Grooming => Topic started by: loznick on September 17, 2007, 07:40:10 AM
-
hi all, iv beenthinking since i got poppy last week, and have been brushing and combing her after walks, that i would like to do this as a profession.....so iv found a course at a college near me that does dog grooming courses in March. I cant do it before then bcos i am preggy and due in Feb ! i hope to do this course in March or if not there is another course starting in July :shades:
do you all think im mad? lol i just love dogs so much and would love to work with them on a daily basis, i dont do blood and gor so that rules out being a vet or vet nurse really lol
anyway just thought id share my idea with you all :-*
-
I think its a great idea as I too would love to work with dogs but I have probably left it too late, also I have looked into it but all the courses I've seen are really expensive - I say go for it :D
-
I think it is a great idea. You can practice on Charlie if you want :005: he is like a wriggling worm with sharp teeth when he gets cut! No matter how much I try to prepare him with clippers clickers and treats he still loses it!
-
I think it's a good idea in theory if it's what you want to do, but i'd reccomend starting on the July course :-\. I had my baby in July and was all set to start an animal behaviour course in September, but it feels far too soon to even think about it, so it's been put off until april next year, when my little man will be a bit older and i'll feel better about leaving him. :D
-
I am a groomer and if I were you I'd wait for the July course. It's very physical work, and you are on your feet a lot, I don't think you'll feel up to it so soon after having a baby :P
If you want to get an idea of what it can be like at times, find the biggest dog you can and wrestle with him for about an hour :005: