CockersOnline Forum

Cocker Specific Discussion => Grooming => Topic started by: silke on September 17, 2007, 08:54:32 AM

Title: Grooming head and face
Post by: silke on September 17, 2007, 08:54:32 AM
I'm struggling to groom Charlie's head and face. ::) I use the Coat King, thinning scissors and straight scissors on him, but can't seem to get to grips with his head and face.  :shades: The fur on top of his head gets really long and curly and he's got sideburns. :lol:

Any advice would be welcome!! :blink:
Title: Re: Grooming head and face
Post by: wendy on September 17, 2007, 10:26:36 AM
Would he allow you to strip the top of his head?

Wendy
Title: Re: Grooming head and face
Post by: silke on September 17, 2007, 10:36:33 AM
Yes, but I'm not quite sure how to do it. :embarassed: I've put on rubber gloves and tried 'pulling' out little bits of fur. ph34r I'm worried about hurting him, though, and it doesn't seem to be working properly - I think I'm doing it wrong. :shades:

Silke
Title: Re: Grooming head and face
Post by: wendy on September 17, 2007, 11:02:28 AM
Is there someone near to you who could show you how to handstrip???  If it's done correctly it will not hurt him as you are only pulling out the dead hair.

Wendy