CockersOnline Forum
Cocker Specific Discussion => Grooming => Topic started by: Slave of Baxter on September 17, 2007, 12:39:32 PM
-
I feel sick.. I am pacing up and down and watching the clock until I can go an pick him up.... 45 minutes to go...
The groomer has an excellent reputation... has two cockers of her own.. both clipped but look lovely. I told her I didn't want Baxter clipped, that preferred the more natural look but I wanted him to look tidy... we had a good 15 min chat before I left and she told me what she would do... I felt very happy when I left...
... but I still feel a nervous wreck now!
Took some 'before' photos yesterday.... so will get some 'after' photos once I've collected him....
.. if he looks ok that is! :005:
p.s. I'm not even this bad when I go for my own mop to be chopped! :lol:
-
I'm sure Baxter is in good hands and will come out looking fabulous. :luv:
-
I am sure he will look stunning. Stop fretting :blink: :blink:
-
Baxter's home and looks great.. am very pleased. The groomer's worked hard at covering the evidence of a poor clip (his first and only)... she said he'll look even better after his next session and she'll continue to do him by hand for me.
Will post piccies shortly.
-
Can't wait to see the before and after pics! I'm glad you were worried for nothing and your pleased with the result!
-
Is Baxter back, yet? :D
Silkex
-
Here goes... doesn't look like a great change... but his coat is a lot less heavy now and he feels yummy :luv:
Before:
(http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h64/p0lekat/CIMG2019.jpg)
After:
(http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h64/p0lekat/CIMG2030.jpg)
(please excuse other half's nakedness and cocker-stacking ability :005:)
-
Baxter looks stunning. I would definitely go back again. :luv:
-
He looks lovely! (did OH go to groomer too :005:)
I think they did a great job and he looks very hansom, I'm terrified about getting Dave done too, luckily have a few months before I have to face that though!!
Hannah x
-
He looks lovely, although your OH did distract me a bit, tbh. :005: :shades:
Silkex
-
did OH go to groomer too :005:
No I do him myself :005:
-
Baxter looks stunning. I would definitely go back again. :luv:
His next two appts are booked ;)
Am really pleased... Really lovely groomer who listened to what I wanted... and she's full of good advice on maintaining him and she even told me what she was planning for him on his next visit! (she wants to work on getting his legs and feet into a better 'shape' and hopefully the shorter lengths on his ears will have grown enough so she can blend them in better)
Baxter was full of beans when he got home and ran round for ages like a looney! :lol: :luv:
-
did OH go to groomer too :005:
No I do him myself :005:
:rofl1: Steady now, remember this is a family forum ph34r :005: :005:
Well, you have two very well groomed men anyway, lucky lady! ;)
Hannah x
-
did OH go to groomer too :005:
No I do him myself :005:
:rofl1: Steady now, remember this is a family forum ph34r :005: :005:
Well, you have two very well groomed men anyway, lucky lady! ;)
Hannah x
Believe me, the cocker is easier to maintain! :005:
-
He looks lovely, It's great when you find a groomer who does what you want.
-
did OH go to groomer too :005:
No I do him myself :005:
:rofl1: Steady now, remember this is a family forum ph34r :005: :005:
Well, you have two very well groomed men anyway, lucky lady! ;)
Hannah x
Believe me, the cocker is easier to maintain! :005:
Hmmmmmm have you tried positive reward clicker training with 'man' i.e. He cooks you a really nice dinner and you click and reward straight away? :005:
-
did OH go to groomer too :005:
No I do him myself :005:
:rofl1: Steady now, remember this is a family forum ph34r :005: :005:
Well, you have two very well groomed men anyway, lucky lady! ;)
Hannah x
Believe me, the cocker is easier to maintain! :005:
Hmmmmmm have you tried positive reward clicker training with 'man' i.e. He cooks you a really nice dinner and you click and reward straight away? :005:
Hmmm... now there's an idea! :lol: :lol:
-
He looked extremely well kept even before his visit to the groomers :luv:
You do realise that you'll probably be getting PM's now asking where you took him. :005:
I really like the look, a very neat & tidy cocker :luv: :luv:
(whoops sorry I didn't even notice your OH for a start ph34r :005:)
-
He looked extremely well kept even before his visit to the groomers :luv:
Thank you :D
Unfortunately Baxter hates being groomed so it's always a bit of a struggle and I was losing the fight with his legs & feet! Hence me seaking a bit of help :005: