CockersOnline Forum

General => Introductions => Topic started by: Hayley82 on November 13, 2007, 11:08:58 AM

Title: Hi everyone
Post by: Hayley82 on November 13, 2007, 11:08:58 AM
Hello to all

My name is Hayley and i have joined as my partner and i are thinking of getting a puppy we have a 2 year old daughter and live in Essex.

We have never had a dog before, my mum and dad had a dog before i was born and she sadly died when i was 7 but they never got another one until the begining of this year a English Springer Spaniel called Kip.

I've always wanted a black lab but my partner wants something a little smaller so we are now thinking of a Cocker but i want to to do lots of research before we commit ourselves (so be warned i will be asking lots of questions).

Think thats enough for now don't want to bore you all.

Hayley

Title: Re: Hi everyone
Post by: jann on November 13, 2007, 12:33:27 PM
 ;) Welcome to COL Hayley  :lol:

You have certainly come to the right place to do your research. Col has  lots of friendly and experienced COLers willing to answer any questions !

Be warned it's an addictive site  :005:

Good luck in your search for a cocker,  Jann and Flo (black and white cocker age 4)  :luv:
Title: Re: Hi everyone
Post by: jakesmum on November 13, 2007, 12:38:03 PM
Welcome.

I've had Jake 10 weeks now. He's my first dog as an adult (although we had a family dog when I was a kid, well a yorkie...does that count?!)

I now wouldn't be without him. He's terrifically hard work but sooooo entertaining. I get so much pleasure from him and he's brought a whole new quality to my life.

Good luck....hope you decide on a cocker...but only if it's right for you and the pup.
Title: Re: Hi everyone
Post by: Boof on November 13, 2007, 12:49:28 PM
Welcome to COL. I have two retrievers (in a sense similar to labs) and a cocker who is 8 months. Ozzy was a shock after my placid goldens but he has no faults at all, they all get on well and I wouldn't have it any differently.  :luv:
Title: Re: Hi everyone
Post by: louise4 on November 13, 2007, 06:34:49 PM
Hi Hayley

I've got 2 cockers and they are great fun and very lively.  They are hard work especially 2 the same age but it's very rewarding to see them develop into very clever and loving dogs   :luv:

Hope you find what you're looking for  :blink:
Title: Re: Hi everyone
Post by: suzysu on November 13, 2007, 07:10:39 PM
Welcome Hayley...you will certainly learn lots about our lovely cockers on the forum  :D

I have two adoreable blue roans ..sometimes naughty, sometimes strong willed, sometimes turn a deaf ear, but thoroughly loving  faithful  and funny  :luv: :luv:  ... they are the luv of my life  ;)

Hope you soon have a furry friend  :D
Title: Re: Hi everyone
Post by: Annette on November 13, 2007, 07:42:30 PM
Hi and welcome.

The only downside to coming here for advice is that we have an obvious bias towards a certain breed!

Sorry, but we are probably all as barking mad as our dogs.
Title: Re: Hi everyone
Post by: Coco on November 13, 2007, 07:53:07 PM
Hi, welcome to COL.

I've said before, they say in the working dog world 'A lab is born half trained, a Cocker dies half trained' and I believe this 100%  :005:

Good luck in your search and making your decision. There are lots on here with different breeds so they may be able to help you meet your 'wish 'list'  ;)
Title: Re: Hi everyone
Post by: cadbury on November 13, 2007, 07:58:58 PM
Hi there and welcome I have allways had dogs all spaniels since being married so my 3 sons have grown up with some of them at the moment we have Bailey our third cocker He is nearly two and a choc roan and very special and we have Minstrel our 11 and a half black and white springer who I would never be without and as already said we are pretty biased to a certain type of dog on this site but they are the best :005: :005: :005:good luck in your quest
Ann
Title: Re: Hi everyone
Post by: sarah25 on November 13, 2007, 08:00:36 PM
Welcome to COL  :D

You can see our dogs on the link below  :blink:
Title: Re: Hi everyone
Post by: Grace K on November 13, 2007, 09:23:43 PM
hi Hayley

I have just got myself a cocker and he is so lively compared to my springer and my jack russell.But he is soft and gentle and likes to be fussed.

Grace K
Title: Re: Hi everyone
Post by: *kimbo* on November 14, 2007, 11:19:14 AM
Hi Hayley
We have had our blue roan cocker for 6 days and she is mental!!! Its alot of work but really rewarding they are such a wonderful breed that give you so much pleasure.
This site is great you will find all there is to know about cockers on here.
Welcome!

Kimberley and Zara