CockersOnline Forum

General => Introductions => Topic started by: Paula1 on November 14, 2007, 02:35:26 PM

Title: Hello
Post by: Paula1 on November 14, 2007, 02:35:26 PM
Hello to everyone

My name is Paula and I am waiting to pick up my new little baby in 3 weeks time, I thought it would be so easy to wait 3 weeks and that it would fly by but it's not I just want to bring him home now!! but I know he will be worth the wait I have decided to call him Alfie coz from the moment I saw him Alfie seemed the name for him. I'm sure I will be pestering you all for advice once he is home and the fun starts.

Paula x
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: cazza on November 14, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
Welcome to COL

the waiting game is awful isn't it  :lol: Make the most of your time just now getting some sleep and puppy proofing the house and garden  (I'm still puppy proofing my house and garden  :005: )

I have two working cockers Fern 21 months and Braan 6 months and a black lab Jock soon to be 9 yrs

looking forward to pics of Alfie  ;)
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: Chellejm on November 14, 2007, 03:05:41 PM
Aww congratulations on your new addition :)
I have a 10week puppy called Herbie
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: Paula1 on November 14, 2007, 03:53:49 PM
I'm used to not getting much sleep as I have a 3 year old daughter who has never slept all night and still wakes me up everynight without fail so surviving on little sleep shouldn't be a problem the biggist problem I will have is making sure my daughter leaves him alone to have his naps but I know she will find it hard.
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: cazza on November 14, 2007, 04:05:25 PM
biggist problem I will have is making sure my daughter leaves him alone to have his naps but I know she will find it hard.

I would suggest you use a crate for the pup as they are great and it'll be a safe haven for him and a total out of bounds area for your daughter  :D

Loads of help and advice on crates - just do a search on here  ;)
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: Paula1 on November 14, 2007, 04:12:27 PM
Thank you for your advice Cazza luckly I already have a crate which I used for my old dog which was a Jack Russell X which I rescued unfortunately he is no longer with us but was a little character and mental but lovely, so least thats one less thing I will have to buy.
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: skyesmum on November 22, 2007, 03:18:57 PM
Hi Paula

Good luck with your new little furry baby!  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: Paula1 on November 22, 2007, 04:02:34 PM
thank you I am counting down the days now pick him up next Saturday  :blink
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: jakesmum on November 22, 2007, 04:37:07 PM
Welcome. I'm owned by the lovely Jake who will be five months old tomorrow.
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: dilik on November 22, 2007, 07:43:34 PM
Hello I'm new to all this, but i do remember getting our dillion( 5 years ago) and thinking how much can this dog poo!! :005:
I'm on the look out for a middle aged dog for my Dad, (6yrs ish) any one know of any? :huh:
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: Nicola on November 22, 2007, 09:51:43 PM
Hi and welcome to COL  :D

If you're looking for an older rescue dog for your Dad have a look at the 'We Need A Home' and 'More Dogs Needing Homes' boards on Dog Pages: www.dogpages.org.uk  or pay a visit to your local Dog's Trust and there is also a list of independent 'local' rescues on DP  :D
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: Cath on November 23, 2007, 06:21:32 PM
Hi and welcome, I hope you enjoy col and good luck with Alfie when you get him home. Make sure and post some photo's of him we do love to see all the new additions to the col family  ;)