CockersOnline Forum

General => Introductions => Topic started by: Lizzy B on November 14, 2007, 06:32:26 PM

Title: Hi Everyone
Post by: Lizzy B on November 14, 2007, 06:32:26 PM
We're Liz & Alan, and our new baby is called Bailey and I soooooo wish we'd seen this site first, although we wouldn't change him for the world. He came to live with us 5 and a half weeks ago, and has had a bad start to life.We were somewhat conned by the woman we bought him from - she seemed very knowledgable on the phone, and really nice, but it turns out some of her dogs had kennel cough a  few weeks before we got Bailey, and she "forgot" to tell us, till I got on the phone to her at 6am the morning after we got him home because he was retching. She assured me it was nothing at all to worry about, and he'd be over it in a few days. Ha Ha. 5 weeks, 2 courses of antibiotics, and so far £160 in vets bills, and he's just had his first jab last night.
We have missed out on some of the fun weeks we should have had with him, and he's extremely frustrated cos he wants to socialise with people and animals, and he still can't. But as one of the vets we saw said, "he's got the rest of his life to enjoy with us".
I'm trying to add some pics, but I can't seem to downsize them. Can anyone help me please? I tried doing what it said on the Forum, but they still seem huge.  Looking forward to chatting to you all, and I have to say what some GORGEOUS dogs there are on here, and loads of useful information.
Title: Re: Hi Everyone
Post by: Boof on November 14, 2007, 06:37:39 PM
Welcome to you and your baby. I'm sorry to hear about the bad start your pup has had, and your bad experience with the breeder. :( Hopefully things will get much better now.  :luv:
Title: Re: Hi Everyone
Post by: jakesmum on November 14, 2007, 07:09:34 PM
Awww...poor baby. There are some unscrupulous people about.

Still, hopefully you'll get years and years of wonderful pleasure from him to make up for the shaky start.

And, from what I can see, he looks gorgeous.
Title: Re: Hi Everyone
Post by: cdpops on November 14, 2007, 07:27:42 PM
Hello and welcome to you all. I hope Bailey is soon 100% fit and making up for lost time.
Title: Re: Hi Everyone
Post by: Cookie Monster on November 14, 2007, 08:37:32 PM
Welcome welcome, prety new ourselves.  Your baby looks like he's had a lucky escape and good job he has a lovely home now.

Sarah
Title: Re: Hi Everyone
Post by: louise4 on November 14, 2007, 09:11:06 PM
Hi Liz & Alan

Hope things get better soon with Bailey and you can all start to have some fun with him .  That was really underhand of the breeder though not letting you know about the kennel cough  >:D
Title: Re: Hi Everyone
Post by: Elisa on November 14, 2007, 09:18:42 PM
Welcome to COL  :D
Title: Re: Hi Everyone
Post by: hollyd443 on November 14, 2007, 09:40:57 PM
Hi and Welcome,

Sorry to hear that Bailey hasn't had the best of starts, but it sounds like he has really landed on his paws with you  :blink: If you have any questions, I am sure you will find COL most helpful. I have a 10wk old cocker pup and I have found this site fantastic! Everyone is so helpful  :blink: Bailey looks like a lovely doggie in the avatar (sp?!) pic, can't wait to see photos of him.

Cyas,

Holly

Title: Re: Hi Everyone
Post by: cadbury on November 15, 2007, 01:45:31 PM
Hi to you and Bailey from me (Ann) and my Bailey choc roan nearly 2 little boy show cocker and Minstrel 11 and a half yrs old springer
spaniel lady hope Bailey is feeling better now  :luv: :luv:
Title: Re: Hi Everyone
Post by: Lizzy B on November 16, 2007, 09:42:27 PM
Thank you all for the kind wishes, you really are a lovely crowd on here. Alan was cutting down some trees today for his sister, so we took Bailey to meet his "cousin", my sister in laws 5 month old Jack Russell, and they had a whale of a time together in my sister in laws garden. He's been zonked ever since we got home!! Unfortunately for his first few weeks with us he's had rather a quiet time. Alan and I work together all round Devon, and when he's had his jabs it will be a great life for him out in the countryside all day, meeting other dogs and running in fields, but until his jabs are done, he's having to spend most of the working day in the car with me, but he's really good, and just goes "mental" when we get home!