CockersOnline Forum

General => Introductions => Topic started by: Mightyjoe on April 27, 2004, 11:03:31 PM

Title: New Boy On The Block
Post by: Mightyjoe on April 27, 2004, 11:03:31 PM
We got Oscar at 8 weeks old on the 13th February, both Sharon and me have talked about getting a dog for a long time but did not think it would be fair as we both work. But things change, I find myself working 5 min from home and Sharon is now working only 4 days a week so we thought why not. This has been one of the best things we have ever done and wish we had done it sooner, the only down side is when you have to leave for work in the morning but I am home at 1 to take him for a walk and give him his lunch. I don’t get time for mine so I have that back at work, but it well worth it to see him running down the hall to meet you. I never thought having a dog could be so good, even if he likes to dig up our plants. I think we might be a bit soft with him but when they look at you with them deep brown eyes what can you do. He is now 15 weeks old can get up and down the stairs so he has the full run of the house except for the bedrooms and the office when we are out but at night he likes to sleep next to the bed. We tend to get a good nights sleep as the bed is to high for him to get up on to (not for long I think) but he will wake you up by standing up next to you and gives out a whimper if he needs to go out, or just bite your toes if they are on show. Well of to bed now, Oscar and Sharon are both a sleep i will have to quite.

David, Sharon & Oscar                    
Title: New Boy On The Block
Post by: annemie on April 28, 2004, 08:05:17 AM
(http://www.hondenhuys.nl/forumsmilies/zwaai007.gif) Hi to you all, Welcome (http://www.hondenhuys.nl/forumsmilies/zwaai007.gif)                    
Title: New Boy On The Block
Post by: TOPAZ BILLY on April 28, 2004, 09:09:17 AM
Hi David, Sharon and Oscar,

I feel like I know you already :wink: glad you decided to join up.You can never be to soft with a cocker :D

We will have to get together for a walk in Haigh Hall, Billy can teach Oscar some nice cocker habits like diving in the slimy pond and rolling in fox poo :D

Michelle                    
Title: New Boy On The Block
Post by: bluesmum on April 28, 2004, 09:24:31 AM
(http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Wave2.gif)Welcome David, Sharon and Oscar(http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Wave2.gif)

love the piccie on your avatar, Oscar looks like he's having a ball!!!(http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Grin-Nod.gif)                    
Title: New Boy On The Block
Post by: Silver Surfer (indiesnan) on April 28, 2004, 09:40:28 AM
Hi David Sharon And Oscar. Welcome to COL.  :D                    
Title: New Boy On The Block
Post by: Colin on April 28, 2004, 10:13:18 AM
Welcome to you all.

Fantastic avatar, probably the best one on here yet I reckon. :wink: I've seen the photos of Oscar in the gallery and he looks a real character, quite the poser too.  :lol:                    
Title: New Boy On The Block
Post by: lizzy on April 28, 2004, 11:04:55 AM
hi to you all!

It's a great feeling when you realise you've made the right choice to get a new dog :D and even better when that lovely bond begins! ( i did'nt realise that there were so many cocker crazy people out there till i came on COL) its FAB!!

lizzy molly & evie

ps love the name oscar (it's my youngest son's name)  8)                    
Title: New Boy On The Block
Post by: Gilly on April 28, 2004, 12:13:57 PM
I agree with Colin.....Osacars pictures are some of the best puppy pictures I've seen  :D  he is lovely and glad to hear your enjoying your time with him  :)  welcome to the site  :D                    
Title: New Boy On The Block
Post by: Mary on April 28, 2004, 01:33:23 PM
Hello David, Sharon and Oscar.  Welcome to COL :D

Looks like Michelle has been doing a little recruiting :wink:

Agree, the avatar is great so I'm heading off to the gallery to see these superb piccies :D

Mary & Lottie                    
Title: New Boy On The Block
Post by: Anita on April 28, 2004, 02:07:34 PM
Hello

I saw Oscars picture in the gallery and thought it was a great picture. Welcome to the site :D                    
Title: New Boy On The Block
Post by: daftcockers on April 28, 2004, 02:43:41 PM
Welcome to col, hope Oscar and his mum and dad can come on one of the North Wests regular meets, to meet all the other cockers.                    
Title: New Boy On The Block
Post by: DIANNE32 on April 28, 2004, 04:23:56 PM
:D hello and welcome to COL. Oscar is gorgeous, seen him on the gallery, he looks very much like Bailey, i think they are both a similar age too! :)  :P
from Dianne & Bailey xx                    
Title: New Boy On The Block
Post by: Mightyjoe on April 28, 2004, 06:21:53 PM
Thanks to all for the welcome and we hope to come along to the next North West meeting.  8)  Had a warm welcome when I came for lunch to, I was met by Oscar bouncing down the hall to me, he was so happy to see me. I then noticed the missing door mats and the trail of soil leading to the plant in the conservatory. :shock:   I think I might have to move so of the plants or soon the will be no soil left. When I got home after work all I was met by was the bouncing Oscar who had a 10 min playing and is now fast asleep on his back under the desk, It’s a hard life these dogs have.  :oops:

David Sharon & Oscar                    
Title: New Boy On The Block
Post by: Magic Star on April 28, 2004, 07:27:49 PM
:D Hi David, Sharon and Oscar!

Welcome to COL, hope you enjoy the site and look foward to meeting you all on the next NW meet 8)                    
Title: New Boy On The Block
Post by: Sheila on April 28, 2004, 09:58:27 PM
Welcome to you all :D

I'm now off to the gallery to have a look at the piccies there.




Sheila