Thanks for your replies. I can't work out which type of dog she prefers if any and she is definitely worse on the lead. She is OK most of the time but the other day we met a very old dog who just stood like a statue whilst she sniffed him for a minute - suddenly she snapped at him and growled, the poor old boy had done nothing! But when I think about it they were nose to nose so she may have felt this confrontational and a threat, she is too quick to react some times.
Regarding the first reply to my post, I have now decided not to go ahead with another dog. I agree with what you have said entirely and I think I just needed someone to confirm it. We have come so far with her that this may undo the trust we have built and I don't want to spoil the lovely happy life she had now. The other option is to consider her having pups so that we could keep one, then she would be OK with it - hopefully. Having not done this before it is quite scary and I don't know if she would be a good mother or become too protective over the pups? Anyway, just a thought and thanks again, I love her to bits and don't know what I've ever done without her.
Last but not least, how do I put her picture on here?