Author Topic: Wait command  (Read 2334 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Wait command
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 09:32:25 AM »
I use wait quite a lot mainly at feeding time, they have to sit while I put their bowels down, then wait till I give the OK for them to eat. I did it basically cos they would go lary and want to gollop their food in one hit

It does come in handy for other things - like when they both want to go thro the door at the same time, the result looking rather like a scene from a keystone cop movie  :005:


   


I Hope you meant Bowls  :005: :005:

oops, yes I do indeed   :o :005: :005: :shades:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Wait command
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 09:44:16 AM »
Our dog training club uses Stay to mean stay there until I tell you to come to me, and Wait to mean wait there until I tell you something different. 
I am currently struggling with Stop the dog on the good citizen gold award - test next week - as I stupidly used the wait command to stop Harriet and it is too late to change now....
Ah well, probably not going to pass it!!!

Could you not use 'wait' or 'down/sit' and then 'come' in that situation?, I imagine it is a recall with a stop half-way?

Good luck with the test

(sorry if a bit off original topic!!)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.