Author Topic: Horrid morning  (Read 3549 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Cob-Web

  • Inactive
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10276
  • Gender: Female
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: Horrid morning
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 06:20:19 PM »
I hope you both continue to recover from your injuries and shock  :-*

A similar thing happened to my Gran when she was in her 80's - she was not so lucky and suffered some broken bones, but has recovered well  :D The driver was eventually identified and caught through a media appeal for witnesses :)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club


Offline LesleyW

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 540
  • Gender: Female
Re: Horrid morning
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 06:37:36 PM »
what a horrible experience for you both!!   

I wonder of the biker uses the same route every day - may be worth going back (at a distance of course) and see if he passes at about the same time?

I'd recommend arnica tablets for both you and Mostyn - you can get them from decent health shops - i'be been using them on Bracken after she bruised her shoulder a few days ago, they are very good!

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4385
  • Gender: Female
Re: Horrid morning
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 06:38:56 PM »
What an awful thing to happen,   >:D i bet it gave you both an awful shock. I hope you and Mostyn are  feeling better soon. :-*

* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6304
  • Gender: Female
  • Little Lionheart
Re: Horrid morning
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 08:25:54 PM »
Ohno! Poor you! That's terrible, bet you were shaking afterwards, you poor thing. Really hope you both feel better soon and glad it wasn't anymore serious.

Hannah xxx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline ruby ruby doo

  • Site Member
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 383
Re: Horrid morning
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 08:54:29 PM »
I am sorry ..what an awful experience for you both ...hope you both feel better soon!
jo & ruby =)

Offline Nicola

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 16455
  • Gender: Female
  • FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Horrid morning
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 08:58:30 PM »
My god, I'm glad you're both ok  :o :o

What an irresponsible, dangerous **** of a biker  >:D >:D 
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x



http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Sheryl

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 7164
  • Gender: Female
Re: Horrid morning
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 09:11:04 PM »
So pleased you are both ok.  As bikers ourselves, it annoys us when idiots like this pull these kinds of stunts :-\  I remember a car stopping just after a crossing to let me turn right and a biker shot out from his inside and almost went over the front of my car.  I was so angry I got out of the car and tore him a new a******e :005:  I think it is a good idea to wait and see if he goes past again at about the same time.  Always assuming you can recognise bike and leathers :blink:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline michelle123

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1709
  • Gender: Female
Re: Horrid morning
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 09:59:35 PM »
How could somebody just drive off.  It beggars belief.  I really hope that he has a conscience and turns himself in.  What a w****r  >:D

 :-* :-* to you both, thankfully you are both ok, barring the bruises and shock

Offline nikkij

  • Site Member
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 347
  • Gender: Female
Re: Horrid morning
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 10:40:40 PM »
How awful! hope you and Mostyn feel better soon sending hugs to you both  :-*
Nikki and Alfie X

Offline Sheryl

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 7164
  • Gender: Female
Re: Horrid morning
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2007, 09:20:22 AM »
How are you both feeling today? :blink:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Joules

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 12098
  • Gender: Female
Re: Horrid morning
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2007, 10:32:44 AM »
Aw, poor Mostyn and poor you - I hope you both recover quickly and he is not put off traffic by this experience.  Sure he will be fine and will be less worried about it than you are  ::) 

As for the biker  >:D >:D

Have you got any arnica?  It is great for brusing, shock and general bumps.  Sounds like you both need some  :shades: ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline dap

  • Site Member
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 40
Re: Horrid morning
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2007, 12:31:14 PM »
Hello all,

Thank you for your lovely messages.  Mostyn seems fine today and quite happily came for a short walk this morning.  Thankfully he didn't seem disturbed by the cars on the road, I was worried it would make him nervous but he appeared to be OK.  He was so sweet yesterday though and stayed by my side all day.  I even let him up on the sofa for a cuddle at one point  :005:

I am stiff as a board today and everything aches, will be better tomorrow I'm sure.

I did go out at a similar time today but given that he sped off so quicklly  >:( I'm not entirely sure I would recongnise him again.



Offline Vino tinto !

  • Site Member
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 226
  • Gender: Female
Re: Horrid morning
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2007, 01:12:53 PM »
I am also shocked !! This is a disgrace if that "person " is not found !! It's bad enough hitting you and the Mostyn,whay if it had been a child !!! xx

Offline Sheryl

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 7164
  • Gender: Female
Re: Horrid morning
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2007, 01:17:01 PM »
Quote
I am stiff as a board today and everything aches, will be better tomorrow I'm sure.

Maybe not.  It may take a couple of days for your aches to go :blink: :blink:  Glad Mostyn seems non the worse for the ordeal.
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe