Honey has made great progress over the last few months with her grumpiness.... she's not exactly tolerant, but generally if she woofs at another dog we can see what it is they have done to upset her...
The only real exception to this is older/frail dogs... I can understand why she reacts to these dogs (as they don't respond to/display body language as effectively) I don't know how to overcome this... This morning she had a go a really sweet old Springer

- the owner was justifiably not impressed, though we did chat afterwards and was happy we are trying to deal with her behaviour...
She met older dogs when she was a pup... obviously just not enough...

Looking back the last few occassions when she has grumped out of the blue has been at dogs who are old (and so stiff) or those with eyesight problems (who I guess wouldn't respond to body language cues).
It really suprises me, cos she's really good with timid dogs, so it's not the case that she senses a weakness and wants to exploit it...

I know the answer is to spend more time with older dogs, praising the good behaviour, walking in parallel etc... but there's suprisingly few owners of older dogs who are willing to walk along with a young dog who's just had a go at their dog (can't imagine why!

). Will talk to the trainers at dog club on Saturday, see if they have any suggestions...