Author Topic: Great site for comparing puppy foods  (Read 856 times)

Offline Macette

• Lexi
Great site for comparing puppy foods
« on: January 04, 2013, 11:25:03 AM »
I have been trying to choose a grain free food for a new puppy. It's been difficult comparing ingredients cost and amounts. Well this site has it all http://www.whichdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-directory.php it's making life a lot easier so now I can compare brands easily phew! Hope this helps new puppy owners.

Offline Amanda463

Re: Great site for comparing puppy foods
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:45:38 AM »
What are you using?  I use Taste of the Wild from Kennelgate and Origen.  Went from Royal Canin to those no problem  :blink:
Blessed to be Dizney,Minney & Doogle's mum.

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 02:46:46 PM »
Not using anything at the min. I pick my puppy up next weekend. But wanted a decent food organised before she gets here. The one she is on is not great according to all the reviews. So have been comparing Burns, Orijen , taste of the wild , would have to check but think it was Burns that was coming out more reasonable. Plus the fact will have to check what is available in my local pet shop...

Offline Pip C

• Zac
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 04:51:17 PM »
We have just moved zac on to Burns as the food that the breeder had him on wasn't great for him.  What a difference.  I would highly recommend it.  Well balanced and there is also plenty of choice of flavours etc with the adult food. :D

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 05:38:26 PM »
I have used Burns for a good few years, our 2 girls seem to do well on it :)
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline Chillis

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 05:39:13 PM »
it's quite fun :D glad to see some raw on there!

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 07:18:45 PM »
I used Barking Heads Puppy Days for my puppy until recently and he seemed to thrive on it - but it has oats in it, so not completely free from grains. I've just moved him on to Acana, which is 40% protein (the Orijen at 80% seemed a little rich for me, somehow). The decent quality food doesn't work out much more expensive, and if you buy in bulk it works out cheaper (so once you've found one you like have a look at Amazon, or places like PetPlanet.co.uk). Highly recommend a decent quality one, though, as there is usually less poo which equals more sleep!!

Good luck with the new pup! We need details of the pup (and photos)... so we can all get nostalgic for when ours were tiny wee things!

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 07:36:59 AM »
Lexi is not here yet but I will post some pics in a week or so, the best I can do is my avatar pic of her with her lovely heart on her side, I took when I went to see her.