Author Topic: Calling all Cockers on Eden  (Read 14097 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Calling all Cockers on Eden
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2013, 04:56:02 PM »
Bobby ate some baby mice he found on Saturday. Tummy ache on Sunday!

Off topic (sorry) and you may know this already, but mice often have tapeworm, which can then be transmitted to dogs and cats that eat them. So it might be worth worming Bobby for tapeworm.

Offline Biddy

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2013, 10:13:20 AM »
Hi,

We have just been on holiday with Jake so have just caught up with the Eden thread.
Jake's situation sounds just like Harry's Jonny.
First poo of the day is formed but second is a mix of formed and custard and the third is just custard.
Really embarrassing along Jersey seafront - have not enjoyed having to clean it off the pavements whilst on holiday.
Just weighed Jake this morning - 13.4kg, which means he has lost 600g since being on Eden.

I have been giving him an extra 10g a day on holiday as we were doing lots of coastal walks and were concerned he might lose more weight, he had already lost some since starting Eden and his poos were already loose before we went away, so I went well prepared for cleaning up!!.

His weight loss is a concern as he has no fat at all.
So, whilst away, we decided we are going back to Arden Grange, problem now - which one as Jake is now 1yr old?!

We too had the same sort of advice from Eden re: detox, adding heart, liver etc, and negative views of other good quality foods and not giving any other treats - this is an issue with training as high value treats are needed and have been using cooked liver and chicken.

Jake has plenty of energy and has had an amazing time on the beaches and cliffs of Jersey and he managed the channel crossing so well, seas were not too rough.

Will be interested to hear what your vet advised Jonny.

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2013, 10:34:35 AM »
Sent you a PM Biddy

Offline HoneyG

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2013, 09:40:45 PM »
Beki

Do you think it's worth it then? Have you seen improvement in Honey?

Hi,

Well to be honest had no issues with Honey to start with, and haven't noticed anything change since she had been on Eden (other that Poo's and appearing hungry!!!)

She is full of energy, has a lovely temperament and her coat is fine (though we have her groomed short so nothing really to see here anyway!!!)

She has calmed down somewhat these last few months, but I just put that down to her growing up (she is 1 next month).

We have started to mix a bit of rice with her Eden now to fill it out a bit. My main concern is the satiation and siety of the food. No idea if the same for dogs, but I feel that two small meals a day, even if providing just the right nutrients/calories.....is it 'filling' her???  But that might be me assuming my human thoughts onto her!

We'll see how we go until we near the end of the current bag - we seem to be a bit more solid since coming back of hols and I am weighing her food.  I need to weigh her though - not done that before and after hols!  My own weight was enough to scare me ;)

Thanks

Beki & Honey
Beki (and Honey!)

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2013, 08:55:23 AM »
Spoke to Biddy, who's basically a mirror situation that I am in.
1: Working Cocker
2: Bout 12 months
3: Was on AG
4: No poo problems
5: Went onto Eden 8 wks ago
6: Very loose stools
7: Weight loss
8: Always hungry
9: Told the same bull from Eden, i.e add raw, bones, tripe blah blah blah

I posted on Edens FB page on Saturday to see if anyone wanted the 25kg of Eden, when asked why I was giving it away (in fact someone gave £30 and collected it) I told my story, to which Eden promptly took all my posts on their FB page, obviously confirms what I said that they don't take too kindly to criticism. I have since been blocked.
Eden in my opinion is certainly not better than the decent off the shelf kibble a, it's not a miracle/wonder food.

My advice to any one, don't be fooled by the crap advertised, if your pooch is settled on his bait and has no problems stick with it.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2013, 09:07:41 AM »
I've been following this thread with interest as not that long ago the owner of this kibble was asked a series of questions about their food on a group I'm a member of - they were either evasive and/or very defensive when asked perfectly polite questions about the claims they make for the food. It certainly put me off trying the food as there didn't seem to be the knowledge there to back up the claims ph34r That's not to say it's not a good food but nor is it some kind of wonder product that will suit all dogs - same goes for any other brand of food out there of course. As we always say on here, the best food for our dogs is the one that suits them best whether that be a top of the range premium kibble or a more humble brand (or raw of course)
Jane

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2013, 11:07:39 AM »
I think the facebook group is no different from other groups / forums that Im a member of .
It sometimes goes way off topic and I can understand a bit why they have to close the thread etc, but not block a certain person, that seems over the top.
Riley is stable on eden and he is thriving with plenty of energy and his poo,s are fine. Ok the odd softer one but he got that on his previous food from time to time too. Its not a wonder food, its just a really good kibble as are lots of others. I agree though it does seem unprofessional when anyone condems and names any other product , concentrate on being positive on your own , on the other hand I  doubt any other dog food manufacturer would actually try and help as much. It would be a case of ok it doesnt suit your dog then sorry nothing we can do in my opinion they actually do try to help with advice etc.

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2013, 08:05:35 AM »
I think the facebook group is no different from other groups / forums that Im a member of .
It sometimes goes way off topic and I can understand a bit why they have to close the thread etc, but not block a certain person, that seems over the top.

Talking about Eden, whether positive or negative on THEIR own Facebook page, is certainly not off topic. I never went on to criticize only to ask if anyone wanted the 25kg of Eden, naturally someone asked why I was giving £50+ of food away initially for free, so for them to block the thread is extremely petty in my opinion. I have sent them a direct PM and left a message on the phone stating my disappointment and also wishing them good luck in the future. The fact they have not responded merely confirms how fragile they are.

One final note, the improvement in Harry since we stopped Eden has been phenomenal, he has even more energy, looks much happier and importantly his poo's are getting firmer and look better (if you know what I mean) he's on Hills Science plan on recommendation of his vet, I like the larger size kibble as I can use it for treats.

One further note, the advice and support I have had from this forum has been invaluable over the last few weeks and I thank all who have contributed.

Offline NotanotherAlfie!

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2013, 10:28:23 AM »
Since switching to Eden around mid March Harry has lost 800gr in weight, he was prior to Eden 11.6kg and now he's down to 10.8kg. I wasn't really worried as he's always been (unlike his owner) a lean dog and his energy is phenomenal, he is a very happy dog, however after a few comments from other people expressing concerns about his 'back end' being a bit on the thin side, it's got me slightly concerned. I spoke to Eden a few weeks ago, because Harry had a few toilet issues, hard poos, soft poos etc and we agreed to cut out all treats and just feed him his 2x 90gr a day, this cured his toilet issues and we've moved him onto better quality treats.

I have decided to increase, his allowance to 2x100gr and add a bit of lambs hearts (90gr) a day. Id be grated if people can tell me how much their dogs are on a day and their weight, those on Eden of course. Hopefully I wil speak to Eden this week for further guidance.

Like I say I am more slightly concerned than worried, as he's shown no downturn in his behaviour, he gets good excercise at least 2 hours a day and maybe I am doing just too much.

As you can see with this short video, he's a lively chap, just a bit on the skinny side

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y487/Kevcarling/CF2AB0B7-9A41-4DE8-97D8-093B50BE0203-1921-0000017F02DF7FBC_zps230c5ce5.mp4

Please feel free to post any thoughts

Thanks in advance

Flippin eck that's one lively doggy you have!  Wish Alfie would get that excited about a ball, he may bring it back perhaps once then wanders off bored!  >:(

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2013, 01:42:37 PM »
Since switching to Eden around mid March Harry has lost 800gr in weight, he was prior to Eden 11.6kg and now he's down to 10.8kg. I wasn't really worried as he's always been (unlike his owner) a lean dog and his energy is phenomenal, he is a very happy dog, however after a few comments from other people expressing concerns about his 'back end' being a bit on the thin side, it's got me slightly concerned. I spoke to Eden a few weeks ago, because Harry had a few toilet issues, hard poos, soft poos etc and we agreed to cut out all treats and just feed him his 2x 90gr a day, this cured his toilet issues and we've moved him onto better quality treats.

I have decided to increase, his allowance to 2x100gr and add a bit of lambs hearts (90gr) a day. Id be grated if people can tell me how much their dogs are on a day and their weight, those on Eden of course. Hopefully I wil speak to Eden this week for further guidance.

Like I say I am more slightly concerned than worried, as he's shown no downturn in his behaviour, he gets good excercise at least 2 hours a day and maybe I am doing just too much.

As you can see with this short video, he's a lively chap, just a bit on the skinny side

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y487/Kevcarling/CF2AB0B7-9A41-4DE8-97D8-093B50BE0203-1921-0000017F02DF7FBC_zps230c5ce5.mp4

Please feel free to post any thoughts

Thanks in advance

Flippin eck that's one lively doggy you have!  Wish Alfie would get that excited about a ball, he may bring it back perhaps once then wanders off bored!  >:(

I can assure you that is nothing, you should see him when he really spins, he's like a Tassie Devil

Offline Helen Smith

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2013, 08:45:06 PM »
I have had to change Holly from Edens She is only 5 months and I feel it is not agreeing with her, although she loves it and cleans the bowl every time. She is constantly hungry and seeking food as well as the common poo problem. Not all foods agree with all dogs, so if there is anyone from Scotland, Stirling or Angus area feeding Eden I have 4 kilos of small kibble left

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2013, 10:50:43 AM »
I have had to change Holly from Edens She is only 5 months and I feel it is not agreeing with her, although she loves it and cleans the bowl every time. She is constantly hungry and seeking food as well as the common poo problem. Not all foods agree with all dogs, so if there is anyone from Scotland, Stirling or Angus area feeding Eden I have 4 kilos of small kibble left

That's 5 Cockers to my knowledge that are having/had problems with Eden, whether this is Cocker 'problem' or not remains to be seen.

Since changing to Hills, Harry's turds have once again turned 'rod like' I am so pleased  :lol2:

Offline Meggity

• Holly
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2013, 11:19:39 AM »
Hmm I've just started my Holly on Eden also (this week she has just taken to eating 100% Eden).  Her poos are a lot more runny with one case of definite Diahorrea so far, although she seems to enjoy eating it. 

Will persevere with her on it for now, as some of the symptoms could just be the change in food, but has anyone tried Canagan dog foods?  They seem to offer a similar content/price for their food as Eden.

Offline HoneyG

« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2013, 11:31:00 AM »

This is the same as us. To be honest, have just about worked the poo bit out...but it really does mean feeding her quite a small amount (150g) per day - and I feel like she is constantly hungry. She loves it, and clears her bowl in no time (she never did this with her previous food, could be left for hours and she wouldn't touch it, but with Eden in her bowl she is very keen to eat!).  But I just don't think this amount is filling her.

So now I need to start the look around for the next best food! arg!!!!
Beki (and Honey!)

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2013, 11:52:38 AM »
Hmm I've just started my Holly on Eden also (this week she has just taken to eating 100% Eden).  Her poos are a lot more runny with one case of definite Diahorrea so far, although she seems to enjoy eating it. 

Will persevere with her on it for now, as some of the symptoms could just be the change in food, but has anyone tried Canagan dog foods?  They seem to offer a similar content/price for their food as Eden.

If you talk to Eden, they will tell you it's not diarrhoea, it's 'detoxing'  :dunno: looks like the trots to me, as for Canagan, if it's got similar content to Eden, I'd be very weary.