Author Topic: Naturediet - in a bit of a quandary  (Read 3440 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Naturediet - in a bit of a quandry
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 07:20:13 PM »
I divide one pack into about 9 cubes, wrap them in foil and freeze them  :blink:

Take out 1 per day, just the right amount and saves on money, no wastage  :D

Looks a good plan  ;)  what would we do without COLers aye
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.

Offline Helen

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 20025
  • Gender: Female
    • helen noakes jewellery
Re: Naturediet - in a bit of a quandry
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 07:47:55 PM »
is he teething? 

Yes he is - I think that does make a difference, but not sure how much of one?

It can really upset their stomachs  ;)

http://www.ehow.co.uk/about_5065838_teething-cause-diarrhea-puppies.html
helen & jarvis x


Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Naturediet - in a bit of a quandry
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 08:11:50 PM »
is he teething?  

Yes he is - I think that does make a difference, but not sure how much of one?

It can really upset their stomachs  ;)

http://www.ehow.co.uk/about_5065838_teething-cause-diarrhea-puppies.html

ooh thanks for the link - will have a read up

update: That was really helpful - thank you   :D

Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Naturediet - in a bit of a quandry. UPDATE
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 08:49:00 PM »
Well have been sort of winning with this, at the moment I am feeding home cooked rice with different foods, lamb, fish, egg etc and  a small amount of Burns (25g) and he does ok, but not sure he is getting the proper nutriments that come with the correct amount of Burns and have been trying to raise the percentage of it - whilst I am doing this can anyone tell me on average how much food he should be getting per meal (fed 3 times a day) atm he is getting about 100g per meal ...is this ok? or too much/little...thanks everso.

Just to add because he is teething I am pre-softening the Burns.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Naturediet - in a bit of a quandry
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 12:26:13 PM »
Been to vets this morning because the little man had itchy ear, and once that was sorted went on to explain the probs with his poos.

To cut a long story short - the vet said to go back to Naturediet and add a spoonful? of Bonemeal (which apparently there are more than one kind of-I have always used it in the garden  :huh: ) and it will help bind him up

Not to worry - vet has put me on the right way  :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.

Offline JennyBee

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5915
  • Gender: Female
  • Princess Brodie
Re: Naturediet - in a bit of a quandry
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2013, 11:35:20 AM »
Glad to hear you may have a solution! I could probably be wrong, as it was over five years ago, but I believe Brodie got bone meal as a young pup. It seems familiar, but I've long lost her feeding instructions.

Fingers crossed it works for him and hope his ear isn't being too much of a bother :luv:

                              x In memory of Barney x

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Naturediet - in a bit of a quandry
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2013, 01:04:11 PM »
Glad to hear you may have a solution! I could probably be wrong, as it was over five years ago, but I believe Brodie got bone meal as a young pup. It seems familiar, but I've long lost her feeding instructions.

Fingers crossed it works for him and hope his ear isn't being too much of a bother :luv:

Thanks  for getting back. I pestered the vet a little on the phone yesterday after he had prescribed it - as to which I should get before ordering, and he found me Trixie brand from a company thro Amazon, till it comes I am giving him small amounts (100gr) of naturediet with 50grs of rice, because rice has formed base of diet at the moment seemed a good idea to use it. 3 times a day.

He is quite good at letting me put the drops in, poor lad, the vet likened it to athletes foot, which I know from personal experience can be really itchy.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.