I was very keen to try WW's new grain free fish and sweet potato wet food because this is Ozzy's main evening meal but I cook it myself.
My concern was how dark the colour was compared to other fishy wet foods and even their other flavours, turkey, lamb.
I am probably going over the top with this but I just have to be so careful with his sensitive tummy. I have tried other fishy foods before but none has suited him.
I am aware that it is manufactured for PAH and phoned their customer services with my query. They past it onto the supplier.
This is their response.
"Our QA Technologist has received a response from the supplier and they have advised that the white fish product will have some natural variation in colour from batch to batch based on the raw material sourced. They typically receive ‘frames and trim’ from the selection of fish available to them and this raw material will be inclusive of heads and skin. As you would expect, the skin and head is dark in comparison to the flesh which will result in a darker finished product.
The amount of actual flesh will vary but in essence is not the most significant proportion of the raw material, as they purchase the by-product from the filleting process.
They have advised also that it would be great to have the product returned to them so they can see the issue first hand but understand this isn’t always possible. Batch code information is also very useful to help them investigate further, do you still have the batch codes from the packaging? They do keep retained samples to enable them to back track effectively and also to keep a close eye on quality through shelf life.
I hope that this information has somewhat eased your concerns and if you still continue to purchase the product and are not happy with the quality, as previously mentioned, the supplier would like to have the product back. We would advise that you return the product to your local store and they will complete a product complaint form and send the product back to the supplier . The store will also offer you a full refund or exchange of your choice."
I would appreciate any opinions, from you clever COLs, on this but if I am reading it right, it seems to be saying that they use more fish heads and skins and not much flesh.
What do you think about this, am I being to particular.