Author Topic: Natural Instinct  (Read 975 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Murphys Law

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1523
  • Gender: Male
Natural Instinct
« on: November 28, 2013, 04:29:43 PM »
After trying Acana and finding Murphy didn't really like it that much he was becoming increasingly fussy over the food our vet was recommending (Vet Complex) and it was getting increasingly difficult to get Murphy to eat anything at all, I needed a re-think.

By luck, we have a Natural Instinct supplier within 10 minutes of us so I popped in for a chat. I came away yesterday with a tub of Natural Instinct puppy food and he has been eating for a day now.

The first thing I noticed is that he absolutely loves it. He gets very excited when it is getting dished out and woofs it down very quickly.

The second thing I have noticed is that Murphy doesn't seem anywhere near as hyper and is much calmer. I am hoping this isn't just my imagination and it is wishful thinking but almost overnight he does seem to have changed.

Can changing diet have such an instant effect?

Offline elaine.e

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 11029
  • Gender: Female
  • Sweet William
Re: Natural Instinct
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 04:44:27 PM »
Yes I believe it can have a calming effect on dogs :D. I know it's one of the things that lots of people who switch to raw comment on, although I didn't really notice one way or the other when I switched my two to raw.

I'm glad Murphy is enjoying his Natural Instinct :blink:

Offline carol pearson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 276
Re: Natural Instinct
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 02:00:23 PM »
I met a couple with a young cocker a few months ago and they were complaining about him being very hyper.
I asked them what they were feeding him and shock, horror, you have guessed, Bakers.
I suggested it may help if they try another food and they went to PAH and Jolly's and asked for their advice.

Off hand I can't remember which food they actually decided on but when I next saw them they were very grateful and said they could not believe the difference in the dog and commented it seemed almost over night.