Author Topic: Healthy chews for puppies?  (Read 1373 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mitches

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 185
  • Gender: Female
Healthy chews for puppies?
« on: December 09, 2013, 08:25:21 PM »
What healthy safe chews can I give our 8 week old puppy? Havent given her any edible ones yet.
Thanks
Elaine

Offline Patp

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3617
  • Gender: Female
  • Jinley
Re: Healthy chews for puppies?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 08:28:44 PM »
Not sure, but what about fish skins?  You can buy them now at PAH or online at Fish4dogs



Offline Emilyoliver

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2483
Re: Healthy chews for puppies?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 09:16:14 PM »
Cow hooves - although I should warn you they smell horrendous! (my pups love them).
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline HBP

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1087
  • Gender: Female
  • Hudson Bramble
Re: Healthy chews for puppies?
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 09:55:56 PM »
Cow ears, pizzle sticks and cow hooves have all gone down very well here!! They all stink to high heaven unfortunately...

Offline mitches

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 185
  • Gender: Female
Re: Healthy chews for puppies?
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 09:04:40 AM »
Thanks I will get some of those  :blink:

Offline linda c

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1183
  • Gender: Female
Re: Healthy chews for puppies?
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 12:16:31 PM »
Tripe sticks, they stink as well :005:

Offline mitches

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 185
  • Gender: Female
Re: Healthy chews for puppies?
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 04:26:40 PM »
I got her some pig ear strips, 100% natural, but packet says not to give them under 4mths, would they be ok just now, under supervision? Or stuffed in a king?

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Healthy chews for puppies?
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 05:34:48 PM »
I got her some pig ear strips, 100% natural, but packet says not to give them under 4mths, would they be ok just now, under supervision? Or stuffed in a king?

I'm sure the king would love 'em ;) - but altho Minstrel (12 weeks at the time) liked them - he only had small bits, I found them much too rich for him - with the usual consequences  ph34r
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.