Author Topic: Sleeping a lot  (Read 647 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Leannieb

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 38
Sleeping a lot
« on: December 16, 2013, 02:05:16 PM »
Hi I picked max up yesterday. 😄. He is almost 9 weeks. He seems to have settled in quite well. Has drank and eaten fine. Goes outside for his business well. He slept fine in his crate last night as well. He has been asleep quite a bit today. Is that normal? He loves his crate. Thanks in advance 😄

Offline airyfairy76

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 777
  • Gender: Female
    • Facebook page: A Spaniel's Tail
Re: Sleeping a lot
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 02:14:38 PM »
Sounds normal - puppies do sleep a lot, like babies do!

Lottie worked on a two hour schedule of sleep, wake, wee, play, ad infinitum, with the sleep lasting from 60-90 minutes!

Soon changes though, although madam has always liked her sleep :)

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Sleeping a lot
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 03:06:27 PM »
Yep very normal for pups. At one time I had to have a look and see if MInstrel was still breathing..

Make the most of it, I promise it will not last  ;) As they get to be older and used to their surroundings, they become more active and playful.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.

Offline its.sme

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1189
  • Gender: Female
  • Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
Re: Sleeping a lot
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 03:12:16 PM »
I have to admit I kept checking if Bea was still breathing  :D
They do so much growing they need there sleep. :luv:

Offline Leannieb

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 38
Re: Sleeping a lot
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 04:52:36 PM »
Oh good I'm glad it's normal. I also keep checking he is breathing all the time!! Thanks everyone x

Offline saz_liz

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 15
  • First time owner!
Re: Sleeping a lot
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 08:18:37 PM »
I feel the same! I wondered if Ludo was getting ill from the amount he seemed to sleep. And always more in the afternoons and evenings.  But he is bonkers in the mornings, so it seems the naps across the day recharge his batteries a bit less each time til bed time!

Offline HBP

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1087
  • Gender: Female
  • Hudson Bramble
Re: Sleeping a lot
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 10:01:09 PM »
Same as others have said, they're essentially babies so will sleep most of the day away!  :luv: Make the most of it!!!!  >:D :005: