Author Topic: Sorry I have a poop question  (Read 631 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Leannieb

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 38
Sorry I have a poop question
« on: December 18, 2013, 12:26:33 PM »
Hi max is almost 9 weeks. He has been with us since Sunday. Until now he has only had royal canin. No treats from the breeder. I have started giving him the bonio puppy milk biscuits. Only a few last night and this morning. His poo was a dark brown colour and just now it's turned light brownie/beige colour. Would this be due to the treats. As they are a similar colour. Thanks in advance x

Offline minimoo

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3100
  • Gender: Female
Re: Sorry I have a poop question
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 02:45:35 PM »
yes I think its probably the treats, my lots change colour if I give them different foods , as long as its not runny I wouldn't worry
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Sorry I have a poop question
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 03:56:11 PM »
I would say check the treats - as some, but by no means all, are only suitable for pups over certain ages (they differ).

If they are suitable, try giving him 1 of an evening, then if you get  nice firm poos, try 1.5 and so on.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.

Offline Leannieb

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 38
Re: Sorry I have a poop question
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 05:29:33 PM »
Ok thank you. They say that they are suitable. His last poo was normal colour so that's good x

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Sorry I have a poop question
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 06:32:06 PM »
Ok thank you. They say that they are suitable. His last poo was normal colour so that's good x

As they say they are ok for the age, you should be alright, other ones to try could be Feelwells Healthy Dog Treats, (for puppies from 6 weeks.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.