I have stag bars and a root chew. William is mildly interested in them and will chew one or the other for a few minutes every so often. I don't worry about him fracturing his teeth on the stag bars because he never chews anything with any real force. I know vets have stated they're a problem and I can see why a very determined and strong chewer might have problems. Interestingly though, the only photos I've seen of teeth fractured by stag bars have been in the mouths of dogs with serious dental disease already.
Louis isn't interested in either and prefers the meaty bones that are part of his raw diet or rawhide chews (Farm Food ones as they're genuine cowhide and not from China, wouldn't buy any others). He's a careful chewer but I still only let him have rawhide under supervision and take the chews away from him when I think they're small enough that he couldswallow them whole, even though he's never tried to.