Author Topic: Is a not so good kibble better than human?  (Read 4675 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lottielove

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 419
  • Gender: Female
Re: Is a not so good kibble better than human?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 04:10:41 PM »
Well done Rowan! Could you have a word with Lottie perhaps?!
I haven't tried her with Wainwrights so that will be next on the shopping list. I presume they have it at Pets at Home, might even take her on a little trip there tonight, she loves it in there!

Offline Rowan Liver Roan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 355
  • Gender: Female
  • Rowan Liver Roan
Re: Is a not so good kibble better than human?
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 04:16:03 PM »
Yes it was PAH for us, Rowan loves in there too. There seems to be tins, pouches, trays and boxes of 16 trays for £9 odds. I went for individual trays as I was sceptical she'd eat it but if she keeps going I'd get the big box. I chose it because of advice on this post but co-incidentally the assistant who came over to offer advice recommended it over the others too based on contents and feedback. Fingers crossed Lottie can be tempted too. I did let Rowan see me get it from our fridge and it comes in a similar tray to her chicken so maybe that helped too. Good luck and let us know how she goes.
Proud to be owned by a cocker spaniel.

Offline Lottielove

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 419
  • Gender: Female
Re: Is a not so good kibble better than human?
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 05:55:11 PM »
Funnily enough I had recently bought 2 tins of Applaws as it looked not quite so much like dog food (!) and have just given it her - she's eating it!! DH said it reminded him of airplane food!

Offline chrisp

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1320
Re: Is a not so good kibble better than human?
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 06:00:04 PM »
Mollie likes the Wainwrights trays.  She is now eating their Grain free tray version along with their Grain free kibble.  

Her coat is always lovely & shiny.  :D   :D

Offline JennyBee

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5915
  • Gender: Female
  • Princess Brodie
Re: Is a not so good kibble better than human?
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 06:04:38 PM »
 :lol2: Brilliant - glad she loves it as much as her Aunty did! It's amazing the amount of fussy dogs who find it irresistible. Fingers crossed she keeps on liking it :luv:.

                              x In memory of Barney x

Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Is a not so good kibble better than human?
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 06:12:03 PM »
Great news Rowan - long may it last  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.

Offline Archie bean

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3627
  • Gender: Female
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
Re: Is a not so good kibble better than human?
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 08:26:28 PM »
Brilliant news. There may be some novelty factor but fingers crossed she keeps being so enthusiastic.  :D

Offline elaine.e

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 11029
  • Gender: Female
  • Sweet William
Re: Is a not so good kibble better than human?
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 08:39:25 PM »
Funnily enough I had recently bought 2 tins of Applaws as it looked not quite so much like dog food (!) and have just given it her - she's eating it!! DH said it reminded him of airplane food!

I think Applaws tins and pouches are a complementary food, not a complete food. I know that's the case with their cat food tins and pouches as a friend's cat became unwell after being fed on it for a few months in the mistaken belief that it was complete.

Offline Lottielove

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 419
  • Gender: Female
Re: Is a not so good kibble better than human?
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 09:12:03 PM »
Funnily enough I had recently bought 2 tins of Applaws as it looked not quite so much like dog food (!) and have just given it her - she's eating it!! DH said it reminded him of airplane food!

I think Applaws tins and pouches are a complementary food, not a complete food. I know that's the case with their cat food tins and pouches as a friend's cat became unwell after being fed on it for a few months in the mistaken belief that it was complete.

Yes after I'd given it to her I realised it probably was, as it didn't look that substantial. I didn't want to add any kibble the first time though as she would probably have rejected it entirely. We'll get there eventually!

Offline MUDDYBOOTS

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 327
  • Gender: Male
Re: Is a not so good kibble better than human?
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2014, 11:43:32 PM »
Benson has TWO trays of Wainwrights or natures harvest a day  :o :o,just to maintain his weight.Hes a very lean 14 kilos and solid muscle,no fat on him.

Offline JennyBee

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5915
  • Gender: Female
  • Princess Brodie
Re: Is a not so good kibble better than human?
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 12:13:01 PM »
Benson has TWO trays of Wainwrights or natures harvest a day  :o :o,just to maintain his weight.Hes a very lean 14 kilos and solid muscle,no fat on him.

See, Brodie is the complete opposite of him. Very lazy and would rather doze on the sofa than run around building muscles :lol2:

                              x In memory of Barney x

Offline Nicola

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 16455
  • Gender: Female
  • FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Is a not so good kibble better than human?
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 12:22:13 PM »
Benson has TWO trays of Wainwrights or natures harvest a day  :o :o,just to maintain his weight.Hes a very lean 14 kilos and solid muscle,no fat on him.

Rodaidh and Caoimhe are the same; they are on half kibble and half raw but get either a Wainwrights or NatureDiet tray for dinner once a week and it's an entire tray each on top of their kibble for breakfast and treats during the day. Ro is a lean and muscular 13kg and Caoimhe is 14kg despite being 2 inches smaller than him, she has amazing muscle memory from her years of trialling, she's like a block of concrete. The pair of them cost an absolute fortune to feed :lol2:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x



http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3767
  • Gender: Female
Re: Is a not so good kibble better than human?
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 04:26:51 PM »
Charlie liked the wainwright but quickly went off it. He's unbelievably fussy (although getting much better). He likes the applaws pouches (p@h) sell them, he likes the applaws kibble, the only kibble he'll eat. But raw worked for us (I started giving him one meal normal, one meal raw, but I tired all the flavors that p@h sell to get an idea of what he liked, beef was his favorite. 18 months later, he's still enjoying his raw, but he's ENJOYING it, that's something I never thought I'd say. I found the variety of raw flavors works for us.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)