Author Topic: Not sure what Lyla is Saying!  (Read 503 times)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Not sure what Lyla is Saying!
« on: April 18, 2014, 02:17:26 PM »
Lyla has always been a complex dog. She isn't into cuddles but is always glued to my side and is very loyal. Today she did something clever and as usual I petted her and told her how smart she was and what a clever girl I had. I always keep out of her face as she gives the head sideways, licking her lips signs. Today though, I noticed that when I was telling her (from a distance) she gave the uncomfy signs but when I stopped she was putting her head under my hand to get petted! It's like she wants it....but then she doesn't.....and then she does. :-\

Leaves me wondering what exactly she does want, how I make the right choice....and if I have the worlds most complex dog!
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline dicko14

• HARRY
Re: Not sure what Lyla is Saying!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 02:51:43 PM »
Just being a typical woman :005:

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 02:57:51 PM »
Oooh ouch! :lol2:

Offline dicko14

• HARRY
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 03:09:38 PM »
Sheryl
Only joking!
We have similar issues with Harry. Today he's was all for OH and didn't want to know me. All that changes when I've taken him for a walk and a play on the fields. They are complex but fascinating dogs as they are clearly very in tune with us hoomans.
Sometimes they can react in several different ways to the same thing. With us the sit command and the lie down can get turned round and Harry lies down when he should be sitting etc
Don't worry too much and see how things go for a while. The one thing they don't do is stop loving you.  :D

Offline JamiesGirl

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 09:29:49 AM »
Jamie comes for a fuss and then gives calming signals. Strange strange dog. Like you say it's like they want it but then they don't but as soon as you stop they demand more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
🐾 Jamie's Girl - Sara 🐾

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 11:08:22 AM »
Sheryl
Only joking!

I knew that! :005:

Lyla doesn't like being petted at any time. Well not snugly pets, she loves head scratching but if your face goes one inch over the imaginary line she has she gets twitchy. Yesterday though it was almost like she wanted snuggles but couldn't quite bring herself to allow them.

As I said, complex dog! ph34r :005: :luv: