Author Topic: Behaviourist recommendation for Essex  (Read 367 times)

Offline Billys mum

Behaviourist recommendation for Essex
« on: July 21, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »
Hi. I am having issues with my 7 month old puppy, Billy. He is resource guarding, mostly with his toys but could be anything. Yesterday whilst on a walk with my husband he bit his hand quite badly. My husband went to put his lead on but hadn't realised that Billy was guarding an empty packet of cookies that had been discarded. Today he has growled and barked at me when I entered the kitchen where he was playing with a new toy that I had given him this morning. I had got hold of a number for a behaviourist in my area from my training school. She was going to come round last week but unfortunately for her and me is now ill so it may be some time before she can see us. i want to get this issue the help of an expert as soon as possible as obviously i am assuming that it will be easier to deal with when he is young. Can anyone recommend a behaviourist in the essex area?also does anyone know if i should take away all of his toys until i have seen a behaviourist as it is mainly his toys that makes him do this particularly when he is tired. I'm feeling rather desperate now.

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
Re: Behaviourist recommendation for Essex
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 02:51:41 PM »
I train with Tony Cruse. He is an APDT trainer. His website is TC-dog-training.co.uk

Highly recommend him. 

Erica.

Offline Billys mum

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 04:31:04 PM »
Thanks Erica. I will call him to see if he has experience with resource guarding.

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 04:45:47 PM »
I am sure you will do well with Tony and he will give you good advice.    He is going to do some articles for Your Dog magazine in the autumn.

Erica