Author Topic: Raw feeding Europe  (Read 2259 times)

Offline amichell

• Donator
Raw feeding Europe
« on: July 28, 2014, 07:28:53 PM »
That's great news, is it mouse2house? Only just heard of these guys recently, I rang them them at the weekend and they transport frozen food from UK around the Limoges area but not near me  :016:

As you feed raw already, I'd be interested in your opinion on Platinum, they advertise BARF and will deliver across France but I'm a bit undecided. I think it's the tetra-pack that puts me off. http://www.platinum-france.com/platinum-et-la-nourriture-crue-pour-chiens

I'll be okay for a few months with the Nutriment packs as I only have Lucie, but I need to be prepared with an alternative for when it runs out. I really begrudge paying the high delivery fees to have it delivered from Germany. Apparently Nutriment UK will deliver to France during the winter months but I imagine that will be expensive too.

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
Re: Re: Insurance in France
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 09:52:32 PM »
I had a look at the Platinum food.  It's not really BARF as it is cooked, although they say at the minimum temperature possible.  It looks to have good ingredients but a lot of additives and quite a lot of potato which is basically just a filler.  It looks pretty similar to the Pure stuff I was looking at over here.

I would much rather feed raw if at all possible but this is probably one of the better alternatives.  I am planning to use mouse2house, although it will involve a two hour round trip to collect from their nearest drop-off point.  We will have to bulk order.  It's not ideal but I think of all the not very good options, for us it's probably the least bad  :-\

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 08:24:57 AM »
hi have you tried  info@nutribarf.de they deliver raw good price too.  I have selby insured but I am in hospital at the moment and cant remember the name, will get bk to you if your interested.

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 10:10:18 AM »
hi have you tried  info@nutribarf.de they deliver raw good price too.  I have selby insured but I am in hospital at the moment and cant remember the name, will get bk to you if your interested.

Thanks for that. I hope your hospital stay goes well.  I have emailed Nutribarf to ask about delivery to France.  At least, I hope that's what I've asked with my rusty German  :005:  I would be interested to hear your experiences with insurance in France when you're back on your feet.

Offline amichell

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 10:39:26 PM »

I would be interested too once your back on your feet. Thank you and get well soon.

Twiceover2-Thanks for looking at the Platinum food. I was confused about the Barf part, I didn't pick up that it was cooked but that now explains the tetra packs and why it's not frozen. Silly me!

Nutribarf Germany did get back to me so thought I'd share in case you hadn't heard yet. Their email read-

You can place your order by mail and we will send you an invoice for payment via bank transfer or PayPal.
The shipping costs for a 10kg box are 17,50€.
A bigger one with 20kg is only 21,10€.
As soon as the payment arrives, the food will be shipped out (only Monday and Tuesday to France)
Normally the food will be at your place the next 2-3 days.

I asked if the shipping costs were reduced further if I ordered 40kg but they said not, we just charge them, like we have to pay for it.
I also called Nutriment UK but they only deliver in the North.

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 10:42:00 PM »
Nutribarf's shipping costs sound about the same as mouse2house then.  I might go for the Nutribarf in that case because at least it comes to the door.  I haven't heard back from them myself.  They're probably still deciphering my email  :005:

Offline amichell

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 12:34:56 AM »
Ha, I got away with English  ;)
The email I received came from Claudia  claudia@nutribarf.de
I did mention you and she said if we could time our orders to come in together (separate addresses for delivery) she would give us a 5% discount on the food.

I also queried the delivery time and it arriving still frozen and her reply was -
Normally the delivery time is about 2 or 3 days. Still when the food is a little bit defrosted it’s not less quality. Just put it in the freezer again.
I must honestly say, right now with about 30°C outside I couldn’t guaranty the cooling. But in September or October it will be no problem.

The defrosting part did concern me a little, I'm guessing that they may fly it in :huh:

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 05:40:59 AM »
Will do amichel.

i do buy mine from the butches and make up myself though as well, especially in summer.

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
Re: Raw feeding Europe
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 10:30:33 PM »
If you're going to order any, amichell, let me know. We might as well get the discount. We'll be in France from 1 September.