Author Topic: Naughty and not listening  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Carolanne

Re: Naughty and not listening
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 02:03:33 PM »
We have a loopy puppy too and what we have found so helpful is the pen. Like you we did not crate train him but we did buy a pen. He did not sleep much during the day a d followed me every time I moved! When the  grandchildren come over he goes way over the top in excitement and  we have to put him in his pen  to calm down. But it works. :D
One other advantage is that I put him in the pen for a nap once during the morning and again in the afternoon so that I get a break from him and he gets the rest he needs for a 5 month old. He did kick against it at first but I have tried to be consistent and it seems to work. Likewise when visitors come the pen is very handy when he starts to go kver tbe top.

I am sure its just them being typical cocker spaniels.  :-\

Offline KeresleyKate

• Arvy
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 09:17:49 PM »
Hi Our boy is just reaching 6 months and we have been warned by our vet and our dog trainer us that this is teenager time and to expect sudden bouts of deafness and the return of naught puppy behaviour.  We are following the trainers guidance that anything he does naughty wise, esp attention seeking we or he have to leave the room for 2 minutes, no longer, and he has a training line on so we can do this without talking to him or touching him. Cat bothering is one of those sins as is jumping on visitors. He knows the command off which covers a lot of things so its Off if he's heading at the cat or jumping on a visitor or barking at them and if he carries on, goes in another room, if he does it again, the same. He does seem to be learning to leave her alone. The other cat spits and growls so he's a bit less keen on getting close to her.  To be honest when we have visitors he often has to go in a pen until he's calmed down - sometimes about 30 mins

Good luck.
Kate

Offline frater5

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 10:16:37 AM »
Its definitely teenage behaviour , she is so naughty at the moment , sometimes its funny but mostly not.

She is selectively deaf and very head strong at the moment and utterly mad when we have visitors . If someone dares to
knock on the door she will launch at the door like a fierce guard dog and as for the poor cat , what can i say .

Her behaviour is very trying at the moment but once again will carry on and hope it doesnt take long to pass .

Fingers crossed it all passes soon .