Author Topic: New pup earlier than planned  (Read 687 times)

Offline dieselboy

New pup earlier than planned
« on: August 31, 2014, 01:33:17 PM »
So we weren't supposed to get our new pup until next weekend but now we are getting him early this week  :D It's great as we are all organised just need to sort out insurance and pet plan with the vet for all his jags, flea and worm treatments but here lies the problem. He was booked in with the vet for Sunday morning. We have tried to bring that forward for 2 reasons, we don't like that particular vet the appointment is with and more important when we got our other dog he had fleas and bad ear mites. Other than that he was perfect condition.
Is there anything we can do before the vets. We will shower him and clean his ears as we did before and check to see if there are any signs off fleas but other than that I'm not sure. Our current boy is up to date with everything and had his last advocate applied friday night.
I also wonder if I worry to much.

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
Re: New pup earlier than planned
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 09:26:47 PM »
I also wonder if I worry to much.

Nah, you've just got a bad case of imminent puppy arrival and I'm very excited and trying to do everything at once syndrome :005:

In reality you seem to have everything under control and well organised so I'd just take it easy and enjoy your new puppy  :luv:

Bob.

Offline dieselboy

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 12:39:10 AM »
I did start to wonder if i was in that mode. May be the kids are already back to school and still in the have you got everything attitude. Need to relax and keep the surprise for the kids and enjoy it.

Offline Sirius Mum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 11:17:37 PM »
Has he arrived yet?  It's such an exciting time. Enjoy  :luv:

Offline dieselboy

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 01:46:16 PM »
We got him last night. He is fab. Only got up once, he went to bed at 10:30 up at 3:30 back down then that was him until 6 when we got up. No poo to clean up. He just had a little pee before we got to him at 3:30 but well done him and he goes to the toilet on a pad our waits until I lift him outside. I think we have gotten lucky.
We have called him Hunter. He is diesels nephew. Diesel is a little out of sorts, I have never heard him bark so much, mainly when they are in the garden but it is day 1. We shall see how things are by end of week 1. Will give him a few days to settle then crack on the the training.

Charlene, diesel & hunter

Offline Mandy and Teddy

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 03:21:00 PM »
Congratulations he sounds lovely