Author Topic: Random small lumps....  (Read 643 times)

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Random small lumps....
« on: October 21, 2014, 07:49:08 PM »

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas....

A couple of weeks ago, I found a small scabby lump on Honey's front leg...  She couldn't actually reach it, but ended up scratching the other side of her leg so much she made it really sore...
We went to the vet, who seemed more focussed on whether she'd had a flea treatment, and on the sores caused by her scratching... we were given some anti-bac wash.  It is gradually healing, but I can still feel where the original lump was.

Today a found a couple of lumps (identical to the first) on one of her back legs...
They are only about 1-2mm diameter, and now that I've unearthed them she's nibbled the scab off...

Links to photos, though they're not very clear...

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4A1C37000412B091!6051&authkey=!AMIpigZ0N7oGVj4&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4A1C37000412B091!4502&authkey=!ADUmAIP_rOouf84&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Any ideas...? obviously if she needs to go back to the vets, we'll take her back, but they really didn't seem interested in the actual problem as, because she's so stressed there, it's really difficult to get them to see the actual sores (they are in blinking awkward places...).
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
Re: Random small lumps....
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 08:42:30 AM »
sorry no idea but they do look sore :-\
could you send your photos to the Vet
by email and see what they think?
Hugs for Honey :luv:

Offline julie1

• Julie & Kez
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 09:22:57 AM »
sorry no idea but they do look sore :-\
could you send your photos to the Vet
by email and see what they think?
Hugs for Honey :luv:

Thats a good idea......my husband did this with our doctor when he couldn't get a quick appointment.  ;)
regards from Julie & Kez

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 10:50:46 AM »
They look really similar to bumps that Archie had during his crazy itchy time in the summer. Vet didn't know what the cause was and we just ended up using anti histamine tablets until it all calmed down. Some sort of seasonal allergy seemed to be the reason. He nibbled and licked at them a lot and made himself really sore.

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 04:13:48 PM »
Hard to see but they aren't warts that shes scratched the heads off are they ? , my old girl kizzy had lots of warts as she got older and she was always scratching them making them red sore and sometime bleed, the vet wasn't bothered about them and I just had to make sure they were kept clean and not infected
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 05:06:15 PM »
They look quite like the little lumps that William used to get on his tummy and legs when he was younger and kibble fed and his skin was sensitive to dirt, being wet, life, the universe and everything :005:. I never really knew the cause, although it was probably lots of different things, but ignored them if he was ignoring them and bathed with diluted Hibiscrub if they were bothering him.

Offline ruby n millies mum

• ruby and millies mum
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 09:32:10 PM »
not sure what they are but possible allergy , my moms westie has sensitive skin and gets little inflamed spots ...
vets said allergy to grass, some dog shampoo, washing powder and anything else that has strong smell.....she normally gets a cream from PAH for itching , bit like a cooling cream , they normally go in two or three days.

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 09:28:03 AM »

Thanks for all the suggestions....  could well be wart-type things...  There's nothing changed in her diet or environment that would suddenly cause an allergy, though could be some wierd seasonal thing. 

I think, as they don't seem to bother her unless I bother them, I'll just sit back and observe for a while (and obviously take her to the vet if they get worse, or she gets more of them). 

They do like to worry us, don't they!

Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 04:49:28 PM »
With Kizzy they were red until she sort of scratched the top off them then they would crack and sometimes bleed , they looked very like the second picture of Honey, I think they were itchy and I would put a tiny dab of Thornit on and that would often do the trick
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy