Author Topic: Groomers Evening Primrose  (Read 584 times)

Offline AndyB

• Donator
Groomers Evening Primrose
« on: October 28, 2014, 07:26:17 PM »
I bathed Jazz on Saturday with an Aloe and Oatmeal shampoo, which I always use as he is an "itchy" dog and it seems to calm his skin for a while.  I used the Groomers Evening Primrose conditioner and his coat is beautifully silky and shiny but it has left a horrible cloying smell.  You can smell it on him when he walks round the house and in the area when he has been asleep on his bed in the hall.  I think I may have to bath him again this weekend to get rid of the smell.   My husband is currently undergoing a course of chemo and has a greatly heightened sense of smell at the moment and he is complaining about our "smelly Cocker".  Has anyone else noticed this when using the Groomers products.  Also, can anyone suggest an alternative conditioner which would leave Jazz's coat equally silky and shiny but with a much more pleasant aroma.   

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
Re: Groomers Evening Primrose
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 06:58:04 PM »
Haven't used the conditioner but we've always used Groomers Evening Primrose Oil shampoo for our two with no problems or funny smells. Maybe it's some sort of reaction between the shampoo you use and the conditioner  :dunno:

Groomers have always been very helpful whenever we've needed advice so it may be worth giving them a call to see if they're aware of any issues with their conditioner.

Bob.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Re: Groomers Evening Primrose
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 06:58:57 PM »
I am the opposite, love epo conditioner smell, it only lasts a few days though so you may just persevere,  I miss it when it fades lol.