Author Topic: If he was human, I'd say he was a bit neurotic  (Read 2393 times)

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: If he was human, I'd say he was a bit neurotic
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 12:41:55 PM »
What's he like :005:

Maybe he would like it cut up for him? Brodie is like that, she won't eat her carrot unless it's 'prepared' for her :shades:.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline tritonx

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 06:33:42 AM »
Well, tonight I laid it on the floor near his food dish as I was making dinner and had to get on with it quickly, but he wouldn't take it. I had discussed his behaviour with a dog trainer when I picked him up from doggie daycare today (she's a TTouch trainer) and suggested just waiting him out to see if his love of carrots eventually overcame his...thing about them. So I waited and he whimpered and whined and obviously wanted it, but also wanted me to come up with th magic delivery system. After some time of whining, (his) I put it on his dish and left him to make up his mind. No go. He approached and backed away, rinse and repeat, more whining. Finally, I picked it up and dangled it in from of his nose. Nope. Wouldn't do. Last ditch, my son offered him the carrot and the little bu :huh: :huh:er took it from his hand. And yet, through all this, he takes his lamb crunchies happily from my hand. No problem with them. Ah well, tomorrow is another day.

Offline Koslg

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 09:44:56 AM »
 :005: bless. How many ways can you hand over a carrot?

On a fishing rod?

Offline tritonx

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 06:55:16 PM »
I've probably posted enough on this issue, so unless there is some new and interesting behaviour, I'll let it go. This morning I was at the patio door, just about to slide it open with the carrot in my other hand. I had been planning to throw it out on the grass, but bold boy nipped it from my fingers and bolted through the door with it. Loved the fishing rod idea though  :005:

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 07:12:40 PM »
why not give him a parsnip and see what happens  :rofl1: no responsibility taken if you get bit on the bum   :005:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 07:56:40 PM »
why not give him a parsnip and see what happens  :rofl1: no responsibility taken if you get bit on the bum   :005:

Oh I would love to be a fly on the wall if you tried that :005: :005:

x In memory of Barney x