Author Topic: Bailey The Rescued Cocker  (Read 952 times)

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Bailey The Rescued Cocker
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2020, 06:44:47 PM »
Bailey, you little superstar  :luv:  I think he is doing great, and I agree, you will need to adapt the training slightly.  Missy will be a huge help, as he will always have had dog companions and people will not have been kind.  It takes time to trust and he will possibly never lose that fear completely.  But he is happy and loved and obviously contented.

Offline theshrew

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2020, 02:06:46 AM »
We had a clown 🤡 letting of fireworks near hear on Sunday and Bailey wasnít impressed, Having had dogs when I lived at home who absolutely hated fireworks I feared the worst.

I managed to book the day off work at short notice with the plan of exhausting him with the hope that he may just curl up and sleep.........not very hopeful but hey letís try.

As planned I took Missy and Bailey for a lovely walk along the Canal at lunch time,  Itís  Baileyís favourite spot presumably because itís quite enclosed, he can see a hedge or similar at one side and water at the other so no danger. The pair of them were on form and loving its a great double act, I just so wish Missy was younger and could keep up with him. Sheís got her limitations these days so back home we went.

However after a quick brew I got my little mate in the car headed off to the river. Heís not a car fan yet nor am I having a dirty car but weíre both learning 👍 He absolutely shone, it was like Missy was with us but yet she wasnít. I guess he was still a I'm happy mindset. It just goes to show he doesnít need To br her around, I think this might be something to tap into going forward.

We covered a lot of miles today and thatís by far the happiest heís been on a walk while on his own.  He actually acted like a normal dog, running about, wagging tail brilliant so see.

We got home just at dusk as planned with the hope of a nice meal would send him asleep. Heís not moved much more than a raised ear all night.

I did have another plan in place which I will speak of tomorrow.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2020, 10:04:56 PM »
Brilliant, he is definitely getting more confident.  That was a worthwhile experiment.  Pleased to hear that he is doing so well.

Offline theshrew

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2020, 01:49:09 AM »
Another quick update - Hopefully the firework 🤡 have passed now. Thankfully itís gone well this year, however we do have an organised event over the road normally. Hopefully this wonít change.

Training

I seemed to have cracked the sit almost. Heís made great progress, in the short time from managing to get him to do it for the first time ( by Christ that was the hard part ) Bailey boy has come on fantastically. After putting so much effort into something you believe in, something youíre doing for the better. Itís really is so rewarding, When you get that look off him you know..........

However recall is the one I want to crack, itís been my main goal. My end game is obviously so he can be off lead so he can enjoy himself. On his own he will come back to me at the moment but not in a positive way. He just doesnít trust me fully yet. With Missy heís much more willing and what I want.