Author Topic: whats your average day with a cocker  (Read 106 times)

Offline lady and the cat

whats your average day with a cocker
« on: November 20, 2020, 06:15:56 PM »
hi folks , whats your average day with a working cocker,

we are in the waiting list for a working cocker and have had dogs before but not this breed

our circumstances are one retired and one part time. We have been reading through a lot of the posts, very helpful thanks to all

best wishes

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: whats your average day with a cocker
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 04:10:04 PM »
Gemma's day.
Wake up at 5.30 and slid into bed as close to mum as I can. Dozing then with one eye on dad waiting till he shows signs of awaking which then means I get to go outside for pee and then breakfast. Then I rush back into bed with mum till she gets up. I helps her eat breakfast then do my own thing till walkies. On returning home I sleeps, eats if I can, play with my to many to mention toys, nag dad to go pees. Start clock watching near tea time so mum gets my tea on time. In the evening I let mum share a tiny bit of sofa with me. 8.45 exactly is nighty night treat time and then I chew chew or more dozes till I think its time to make mum go to beds.. I  used to go out to work chasing phessies but I is now retired.
You're always there when I need you. Devoted, loving and true.
No one could wish for anything more, Than a faithful friend like you
                            ----
Lorna & Gemma WCS

Offline IonaD

Re: whats your average day with a cocker
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 04:25:25 PM »
Gemma’s day sounds a lot like Bella’s day (she’s show not working though)

At about 5.30 Bella works her way up to the top of the bed and starts making it perfectly clear it’s nearly breakfast then at 6 we get up and head downstairs.. Bella has hers then she will come and wait till we eat our breakfast and have a little bit of scrambled egg and maybe a corner of toast. She then goes back to sleep (she may or may not go for a pee if she can be bothered) till it’s time for walks.

Well walk for  an hour or so in the woods, lots of sniffing and maybe some playing with other dogs if she fancies it. Home to have her feet washed and maybe a full on wash if she feels inclined to roll in something unsavoury.

She then climbs onto the sofa and sleeps. She is happy to sleep most of the day, she’ll follow me around everywhere especially if I go into the kitchen. She’ll have her dinner then an afternoon walk then back to the sofa. She has a treat when we have dinner then back to the sofa for more sleeping till we go for our pre bedtime walk then she’s back in bed ready to do it all over again.

May have the odd crazy hour during the day if she feels like it but once she’s found a comfy spot she’s happy to sleep!!x