Author Topic: Lovely Pup  (Read 931 times)

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
Lovely Pup
« on: September 20, 2005, 01:17:09 PM »
hello
im having a new puppy :D
but :( ....i have fell in love with this 1 but the problem is shes got 1 blk eye(blk around the eye) but the other has got gray round it am i right by saying that i cnt have tht 1 because it will look odd an take the judges eye away.i have bein calling her patch. :)
plzzz help :)
thankyou

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Lovely Pup
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 01:46:10 PM »
There is no mention in the breed standard about the need for symetrical face markings. The following is a quote from the Cocker Spaniel Club site:

There is no hard and fast rule given as to HOW our breed's roans and particolours should be marked!

Many breeders fancy that even markings, particularly over the head are the most pleasing, however this is just "breeder's fancy" and it is NOT a requirement of the breed standard. Uneven or even absent patching therefore should not be penalised. A beautiful head with the correct balance and proportion, good stop and a kind eye and expression will always look good no matter what the markings are.

see here for the full text.

So as long as this puppy offeres everything else you are looking for then go for her. ;)
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Lovely Pup
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 02:41:40 PM »
I don't think the markings should make much difference, i think the one I'm going to be keeping has only got a half mask  ;) If you look at Jane's Ruby she only has a half mask too but the dog must have a particular good head to get away with it  :)