Author Topic: What would the pups of a solid golden and a solid black.....  (Read 13712 times)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: What would the pups of a solid golden and a solid black.....
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2006, 07:51:05 PM »
There are always going to be in-season bitches wherever you go surely?

That's my point really - I have never experienced the same number of in season bitches that you have either where I live, or when I visit family/friends with Molo.  Elisa says she has not experienced the problem to the same extent as you where she lives - I really do think you have been very unfortunate in your neighbours :(
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2006, 08:56:01 PM »
I really think you are doing the right thing for Sammy, and wish him all the best for Monday   :-* :-*

I do think owners with bitches have as much right to walk their dogs as everybody else has.  I know it can be inconvenient, (as I said Bailey has to stay on his lead), and I don't condone the irresponsible owners either, but Sammy is obviously distressed by the whole situation, as you are yourself, and if it were me I wouldn't hesitate to get either of my boys neutered - not for the advantage of the bitch and their owners, but for my own dogs. :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2006, 10:48:11 PM »
When you have a bitch you should be responsible for her, she should be kept on her own property WHEN IN SEASON
...that's what alot of us think too, pity he doesn't ::)
I Agree wholeheartedly with this,

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2006, 10:50:58 PM »
...thanks jann ;)
'Everybody lurrves Sammy!'
03/02/04 - 27/10/14 :'(

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2006, 10:54:07 PM »
My cockers have not put on weight and have fantastic personalities.   I must admit, Herbie's coat has gone a bit woolly but if you are worried about Sammy's coat hopefully he will be more like Mikey who's coat everyone comments on, he's lovely and shiny and soft.

I agree that it is the best thing for him.  He is obviously stressed out about the bitches in season and will probably always be very affected by bitches in season (my Cav was and ran off and got ran over chasing bitches) so I think he'll be a happier boy once done. 

I also agree that if you have a bitch in season you have to be responsible for her not getting caught and the safest way would be to keep her at home.  There's plenty you can do to stimulate a dog at home so it doesn't get bored and if you don't want to do this people should consider having their bitch spayed so they don't attract unwanted attention.

I also know of some irresponsible dog owners who take their in season bitches out hoping they will get caught because they want a litter, although they probably haven't thought about what they are going to do with that litter when it arrived!!
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2006, 10:58:58 PM »
I really think you are doing the right thing for Sammy, and wish him all the best for Monday   :-* :-*

I do think owners with bitches have as much right to walk their dogs as everybody else has.  I know it can be inconvenient, (as I said Bailey has to stay on his lead)
...but that's my point, why do WE have to put our dogs on lead so as not to hinder the in-season girls? I got pulled all over the place tonight, and she wasn't around, but her scent was everywhere as they have her running around off lead >:(
I agree entirely with you, but they do have to have some responsibility too. That particular couple live up our street, so when they pass our house, her scent drives him crazy ::)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2006, 06:56:07 AM »
...but that's my point, why do WE have to put our dogs on lead so as not to hinder the in-season girls?
For the same reason as I put my dog on a lead when I see a horse and rider on the paths I walk. :huh: Although it can sometimes be unexpected, is it really such a hardship to leash your dog during a walk?

Its part of responsible dog ownership - our dogs do not have the right to run off lead  ;)
Oldies Club

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2006, 01:35:39 PM »
...but that's my point, why do WE have to put our dogs on lead so as not to hinder the in-season girls?
For the same reason as I put my dog on a lead when I see a horse and rider on the paths I walk. :huh: Although it can sometimes be unexpected, is it really such a hardship to leash your dog during a walk?

...no, it's not a hardship, but if they have their in-season bitches running around off lead, why is it that I have to be the one to put him on lead and then be dragged about the place, they should put the lead on and take them elswhere where they know there aren't going to be so many dog walkers about.  It's just a small playing field where we go, but it's not the only place we take him either, it's just this particular area, it's not a huge walk with horses and bikes and the like passing you by ;)
Anyway, after Monday it won't be our problem anymore, just someone else's >:( :'(

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2006, 01:53:05 PM »

...no, it's not a hardship, but if they have their in-season bitches running around off lead, why is it that I have to be the one to put him on lead and then be dragged about the place, they should put the lead on and take them elswhere where they know there aren't going to be so many dog walkers about.  It's just a small playing field where we go, but it's not the only place we take him either, it's just this particular area, it's not a huge walk with horses and bikes and the like passing you by ;)
Anyway, after Monday it won't be our problem anymore, just someone else's >:( :'(

I agree with you subeloo.  The in season bitch's owner should keep her on a lead.  Surely it is their responsibility to ensure she is not caught when out for a walk?  If it was me I would just not walk my dog anywhere where other dogs went at all!  ;)  It is not a hardship for me to keep my dog on a lead but it is a hardship for my dog to be kept on a lead because other people are irresponsible!  :shades:
Julie and Watson

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2006, 02:19:34 PM »

I agree with you subeloo.  The in season bitch's owner should keep her on a lead.  Surely it is their responsibility to ensure she is not caught when out for a walk?  If it was me I would just not walk my dog anywhere where other dogs went at all!  ;)  It is not a hardship for me to keep my dog on a lead but it is a hardship for my dog to be kept on a lead because other people are irresponsible!  :shades:
....aww thanks Joules :-* this is how it is when I'm with him on the field, it's as if I am the one who should be responsible for his actions, not HER  (them) for flaunting it at him :005: ::)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2006, 07:04:56 PM »
...no, it's not a hardship, but if they have their in-season bitches running around off lead, why is it that I have to be the one to put him on lead and then be dragged about the place,
I was referring to your objection to an on-lead in-season bitch:

OH took him out earlier and there was this other girl in season from our estate, her owner said he isn't going to get her 'done' as it could cause her 'alot of distress'!! What about the distress HE is causing HER by having these poor excited males sniffing her at every opportunity >:(
Did he have her on a lead?   
yep, but why bring her out when he knows it drives Sammy mad???? >:(

Are there any other entire dogs in your area.....or is Sammy the only one? Do other owners have this problem???
Oldies Club

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2006, 09:25:03 PM »
As an owner of 2 bitches I just wouldn't walk my in season bitches anywhere near any other dogs....or they would just have garden exercise for the duration  ;)

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2006, 10:56:55 PM »
I was referring to your objection to an on-lead in-season bitch:

OH took him out earlier and there was this other girl in season from our estate, her owner said he isn't going to get her 'done' as it could cause her 'alot of distress'!! What about the distress HE is causing HER by having these poor excited males sniffing her at every opportunity >:(
Did he have her on a lead?   
yep, but why bring her out when he knows it drives Sammy mad???? >:(
Oh I see now  :embarassed:
...there are quite a few entire dogs around too, but i think Sammy just has a more than average sensitive nose ::) That's another reason why i think having him neutered may not stop his sense of smell, just his urges to mount and also stop his howling and crying like he has been doing of late :-\

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2006, 11:07:19 PM »
I do sympathise with you.  In an ideal world, all owners of bitches in season would keep their dogs in their gardens or at the very least walk them in quiet areas and at quiet times, although I also appreciate that this can be difficult for some  :-\

We originally wanted a bitch, but ended up having boys, as having no garden of our own, didn't want to be responsible for any accidents or the male population becoming distressed.  Luckily Bailey is "just about" controllable, but if he was any worse, he would be minus a couple of "bits"  ph34r

I still think you are doing the right thing for Sammy, and hope he has a quick recovery from his op.  I'm sure he will be trying to bounce around on Tuesday, like nothing as happened.  :-\
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2006, 11:27:25 PM »
I do sympathise with you.  In an ideal world, all owners of bitches in season would keep their dogs in their gardens or at the very least walk them in quiet areas and at quiet times, although I also appreciate that this can be difficult for some  :-\

I still think you are doing the right thing for Sammy, and hope he has a quick recovery from his op.  I'm sure he will be trying to bounce around on Tuesday, like nothing has happened.  :-\
I  hope so :'(
He's such an :angel: