Author Topic: I finally clipped/groomed Molo!  (Read 3946 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Cob-Web

  • Inactive
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10276
  • Gender: Female
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
I finally clipped/groomed Molo!
« on: July 28, 2007, 03:37:20 PM »
Well, I asked the questions, bought the clippers, read the book, watched the video (are those dogs drugged?  :005:) and finally took the plunge -  and here is the result:



Not too bad, I am extremely pleased with it - there are the odd stray hairs here and there, but all in all, not a bad first attempt, I don't think  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club


Offline Boof

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5408
  • Gender: Female
Re: I finally clipped/groomed Molo!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 03:39:22 PM »
Molo looks lovely, IMO you did a better job than most groomers do.  He looks very tidy and smart. Well done. :D

Offline magicflower

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 795
  • Gender: Female
  • Ruby-doos!
Re: I finally clipped/groomed Molo!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 04:32:45 PM »
He looks very proud of himself!  :D

You are very brave! And he looks lovely!


Tracey, Ruby and Boomer xx

Offline suzysu

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6764
Re: I finally clipped/groomed Molo!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 04:59:36 PM »
He looks great Rachel  :shades: ..well done  ;)
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Cob-Web

  • Inactive
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10276
  • Gender: Female
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: I finally clipped/groomed Molo!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 05:06:06 PM »
He looks great Rachel  :shades: ..well done  ;)

Thanks Suzy  ;) Lil'bit doesn't think so - she says she "doesn't like where Molo's ears are now"  :lol: :shades:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club


Offline Aearoniel

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 793
  • Gender: Female
  • Callie
Re: I finally clipped/groomed Molo!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 05:06:47 PM »
doesn't he look hansome, good job :D



Offline Beth

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4270
  • Gender: Female
Re: I finally clipped/groomed Molo!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 05:15:34 PM »
He looks great Rachel  :shades: ..well done  ;)

Thanks Suzy  ;) Lil'bit doesn't think so - she says she "doesn't like where Molo's ears are now"  :lol: :shades:

He does look great :shades:, but i know what she means, it always takes me ages to get used to Jarvis' newly clipped head as his eyes and ears seem to move an inch further up. :005:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline cyrus04

  • Site Member
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 132
  • Gender: Female
Re: I finally clipped/groomed Molo!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 05:22:14 PM »
he looks great :D,well done :D
Laura mum to Cyrus,Benson,Honey(RIP) and baby shyla xxx

Offline MrsMac

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2130
  • Gender: Female
    • http://
Re: I finally clipped/groomed Molo!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 06:21:04 PM »
I think you've done a great job, he looks lovely  :luv:
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline Gilly

  • Inactive
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5873
  • Gender: Female
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Re: I finally clipped/groomed Molo!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 06:36:12 PM »
He looks very smart  :shades: well done you for having a go, you'll save a fortune now  ;)

Offline Cob-Web

  • Inactive
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10276
  • Gender: Female
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: I finally clipped/groomed Molo!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 06:45:30 PM »
He looks very smart  :shades: well done you for having a go, you'll save a fortune now  ;)

I bought a *cheaper* pair of clippers in the end, cos I really wasn't sure how much of a mess I would make of it  ph34r

They only cost me the same as one professional clip does (the clippers were reduced to half-price) - so they have already paid for themselves, even if I never use them again  ;)

Now I know that I can do it - I am keeping my eye open for a decent set; even OH has agreed I can spend for them now he has seen that I haven't made Molo look like his little sister currently does  :005:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club


Offline Gilly

  • Inactive
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5873
  • Gender: Female
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Re: I finally clipped/groomed Molo!
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 09:09:33 PM »
I've said it before on here but the Moser Rex ones are a great set of clippers for a semi professional finish...they are about 45 quid.

Offline clairep4

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2922
  • Gender: Female
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
Re: I finally clipped/groomed Molo!
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2007, 09:24:19 PM »
Well done Rachel, very good for a first attempt! I just did Bella today (my 3rd attempt) so will add a picture tomorrow but it's not much different to Molo. I'm finding gradually I'm getting slightly quicker at it but it didn't stop madam being in a foul mood after I'd finished (she's finally perking up now there's a fly for her to chase round the living room  ::) :lol:).

I've done Zorro twice but his coat is very different so it's almost a completely different kettle of fish. Bella's got a "wave" to her coat but Zorro's is absolutely straight, not even the slightest hint of a kink...
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline spanielcrazy

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4446
Re: I finally clipped/groomed Molo!
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 12:55:39 AM »
Well done, he looks great!  :shades:

With two of them you almost have to learn how to groom your own so you don't go broke!  :005:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne


Offline Hurtwood Dogs

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6304
  • Gender: Female
  • Little Lionheart
Re: I finally clipped/groomed Molo!
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 01:31:59 AM »
He looks great! Well done you! I only attempted to clip my last dog twice before buggering up the clippers (cheap ones) and going insane with the amount of hair that seemed to find it's way up my nose >:D It's not an easy job and that's before factoring in wriggling spaniel  :005: :005:

I am wondering what an earth you did to Molo's tongue though to make it swell up like that  ;) :rofl1: :rofl1:

Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x